“Small & Unique”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I had a very enjoyable dinner here on a recent trip to Pittsburgh. We dined in the small garden out back. The menu is limited, but we had no problem finding entrees to our liking. Kitchen is very visible and the chef even took a minute to talk with us as my wife really enjoyed his eggplant offering. Service was outstanding and while it appeared that parking might be a problem, we were able to find a convenient spot on a near-by side street. Only wish they took credit cards as it would make it a lot easier for travelers, like us. From reading other reviews we knew to bring cash, but a cash only policy doesn't seem appropriate for a restaurant of this type and reputation.

1  Thank GrandpaTuba

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Loved the limited menu! The service was great, attentive but not intrusive. Everything was fresh and menu items have a different twist. Our salmon entrees were excellent as was the soup and appetizer we shared. We also shared dessert (flourless chocolate cake). Portions are more than adequate. remember: CASH ONLY. We enjoyed a leisure meal in this quaint little cafe. Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

this place is tiny, right on Carson between 11th and 12th... I'm amazed how many of my foodie friends had never heard of it. It is my absolutely favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh. The food is amazing. very small menu but the mixture of subtle flavors is as good as anything I've ever eaten. when the patio is open, if the weather is good, enjoy it. It's cozy but sweet.
The roasted eggplant is my favorite and I almost never get a veggie dish anywhere else but it is rolled with mozzarella cheese and a pesto sauce. out of this world. The steak is good too as are the scallops, very artfully served. It's fun to watch the chefs in action too.
you need reservations unless you eat at 4pm, then may not.

2  Thank bevbemama
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our party of 4 tried this quaint small restaurant after reading all the favorable comments. This is a BYOB cafe which is nice to be able to bring your favorite wine to enjoy with fine food. Menu had a nice selection of appetizers, small plates to share and entree's. Very small kitchen but food was excellent. Inside seating is limited, so you will need a reservation, as by the time we finished an early dinner all tables were taken. There is a outside seating area in the back which will be nice during seasonal outside dining. Staff friendly and good service. Will definitely be back!

2  Thank Harpo208
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a limited seating restaurant with the chef and staff in view. What they are able to create in a small environment is remarkable. The flavors and presentation of the menu items are always good and results in a completely clean plate. Appetizers are especially good. Friendly environment and competent wait staff. One of the best kept secrets in Pittsburghs dining scene.

1  Thank Bassman64