“Great service!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bigelow Grille

Bigelow Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Bigelow Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bigelow and 6th Ave
St. Louis, MO
“Great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food was tasty, I'd rate it a 3.5. But the wait staff and restaurant managers were exceptionally attentive and almost too fast! Perhaps they read previous reviews and decided a big change was in order because we had great service for all breakfasts, lunches and dinners we ate there during our 4-day stay.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jacob Z, Manager at Bigelow Grille, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear guest consmi

Thank you for your great feedback. We are glad you enjoyed all of your meals at the Bigelow Grille. We strive to provide courteous and professional service to all of our guests and we hope to see you again soon.

Fairfax, VA
“Good breakfast but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Four of us sat down on a weekday around 10:15 and while the food was quite good the kitchen took a good long while to gin up some eggs. The staff were friendly, competent and helpful and the room itself it nice and bright.

Visited March 2013
Jordan, Canada
“Limited and Long”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Limited menu, bartender had minimum knowledge/suggestions, LONG waits to be seated, even longer to be acknowledged by a server

Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“SLOOOWWWW service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

stopped in before a hockey game for some dinner. The menu is interesting and has some nice options. The salad selection was meek, but I found one that would satisfy. We waited a very long time for three salads and one entree. It was probably upwards of 40 minutes. They were out of the arugula (main ingredient) and substituted spinach. They skipped the cheese entirely. gave me exactly two matchstick sized apple pieces. It was bathed in enough olive oil for the entire table. The meatball entree that was ordered was really tasty. I looked at other tables and the burgers looked big and juicy. Others were nervously looking around for the wait staff, thinking they would not make it to the game in time.

It did not appear to be all that busy, but maybe they just weren't staffed and stocked for a pre-game dinner crowd.

• Visited January 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“I'll never know how good the food may be....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I are traveling to Pittsburgh on Christmas Day to take my brother-in-law, who is currently in a rehab facility, to Christmas Dinner. I found Bigelow Grille online, and their website indicated they would have a Christmas Day Dinner, but the description only said "Join us for Christmas Day Dinner 12pm to 7pm. Featuring seasonal offerings." I made a reservation on OpenTable anyway, and called to ask if they would be able to accommodate a vegan or at least vegetarian (my husband and his brother are omnivores). The girl who answered took my number and said a manager would call me the next morning. I never heard from them, so I called again three days later. Same story, and I still never heard. It is now Christmas Eve, and their website still has the same vague description, and I've never gotten a call. Needless to say, I booked elsewhere.

They may not be prepared to make something special for someone, but would it have killed them to call me and say this? So rude.

Visited December 2012