“Highly Recommended”

Mc Cormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mc Cormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #472 of 2,187 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is located in SouthSide Works, a unique lifestyle center with unparalleled shopping, dining and entertainment. The menu at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is printed twice daily and features more than 30 varieties of fresh fish and seafood locally to being flown in from around the globe. Other menu highlights include tempting pasta, poultry and beef specialties to tempt any palette. Visit our lively bar and enjoy traditional mixology at its best, featuring classic cocktails made from scratch using fresh-squeezed juices, bottled and tap beer, or choose a selection from our extensive wine list to accompany your meal.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I've been in Pittsburgh on assignment a lot lately and have been making the rounds of the South Side Works.

On February 13th I slipped into McCormick and Schmick's as Happy Hour was winding down and opted for the dining room. It was cold, miserable and sloppy outside, especially for my thin Florida blood.

I was seated immediately within sight of the greeters station and throughout my visit observed that everyone was greeted immediately and treated professionally. I also had a nice view of the street and realized that if it had been warmer outside there would have been a lot of activity (people watching is always fun). During my visit I had the opportunity to chat with the restaurant manager, Blaise, and came to learn that the entire staff has been very well trained.

My server was Patrick, who turned out to be the consummate professional. I learned that he had moved to Pittsburgh from Chicago and thoroughly enjoyed his outstanding professionalism throughout my visit. One of the great pleasures of traveling is the people you meet, and this experience was exactly what makes traveling so much fun.

I had heard that their Maine Lobster Bisque was very good and it sounded like a good way to restore some warmth into my now frozen bones so that got the evening started. I have to tell you that their Lobster Bisque is presented far differently than I expected. It comes in a large bowl with the lobster and some spices and seasoning in the center, and then the server pours the warm bisque from a pitcher into the bowl. The presentation was excellent. How did it taste? Wow! Try it, I recommend it highly.

Now that I was appropriately thawed out it was time for some wine and a little dinner.

I opted for the Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir Vintner's Reserve with their Walnut Mixed Greens Salad and the Cedar Planked Salmon which was served with roasted fingerling potatoes, yellow squash and green peppers.

I know that's not a terribly adventurous order but it is a simple straightforward standard that they should do very well consistently.

On balance the food was exactly as it should be. The only criticism, and it's minor, is that the Salmon was a little bit too thin; and the result after being "planked", is that it was a little bit dry for my taste. That can be corrected by increasing the thickness of the filet. It's a delicate balance but for $25.99 McCormick and Schmick's can afford to make that adjustment.

I really enjoyed this visit to McCormick & Schmick's at the South Side Works and suggest that if you are in town to give it a try. The service was outstanding, the food was very good and the location is excellent.

I'll be back with friends and family when the snow is finally gone.

There are newer reviews for Mc Cormick & Schmick's

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Long story short-don't waste your money. Our waiter, Phillip, was awesome. He did his job correctly and well. That being said, our appetizers were good. Entrees, not so much. They arrived 45 minutes after we ordered them, and the restaurant was dead. Obviously the kitchen cannot even keep up with a slow night. The blackened Mahi Mahi was not even blackened, and lacked taste even after it was sent back for more seasoning. The chicken Alfredo was also tasteless, small, and the sauce was far from rich and creamy as it should be. The food lacks taste, seasoning, and is incredibly over priced. All four of us left the table hungry and dissatisfied w our food. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The appearance of the restaurant is as expected (nice). However, the staff is unprofessional and the customers bring the restaurant down. The food was decent, but not worth the price. The host stood next to me and discussed how he was trying to get bigger tips off of the customers and his wages while working there. I thought that was wildly inappropriate.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Came here for a birthday dinner. Told the waitress we had 2 people with birthdays but she only acknowledged one. Food was ok but not worth the price. I ordered filet and it was not done the way I ordered it. Once the waitress got busy she took forever to come back to our table. The wait between ordering dessert and the time we got it was ridiculous. Won't be back.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We used to really love the happy hour menu and food at McCormick and Schmicks, but the last 2 times we went to this location, we were very disappointed. Seems very inconsistent with the M & S downtown and almost every other place. The food was luke warm and of poor quality (fish tacos fish looked and tasted like fish sticks!). If you want to go to M & S in Pittsburgh, go to the one downtown. I hope they can fix this location since we want to be M & S Southside Works patrons and fans again.

Been to Mc Cormick & Schmick's? Share your experiences!