“fake Mexican food....not authentic-don't waste your money :(”

Emilianos Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #201 of 2,187 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This has to be the all time worst mexican food ever (and I even gave this place a second chance). We dined at the Mcintyre Square location in North Hills, PA. I had the Emilianos Sampler, Hubby had the Favorite. The sampler had 5 different items, all of which are covered in processed cheese and bottled enchilada sauce. The meat allegedly called Chorizo, tastes like finely ground beef flavored with taco seasoning mix and was in each of the 5 items. My meal was lukewarm when it came to the table. The margaritas taste like a mix with barely any alcohol in them. Both the con queso and spinach cheese dip taste like processed cheese, melted and put in a bowl. I gave this restaurant a 2 because they have great service and a wonderful atmosphere and the salsa was good-fresh ingredients. But I would never go back.

There are newer reviews for Emilianos Mexican Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have gone to Emilianos Carson street location multiple times. I am a vegetarian and every time I would ask for something from the vegetarian menu. Little did I know that the rice served wth the vegetarian menu is cooked in Chicken Broth. This is CHEATING I think unless someone thinks that chicken is a vegetable. On top of this the staff was not helpful atall. We asked them if they could cook plain rice separately, after a lot of arguement they agreed. It took them 1 hr to get our food (apparently because the rice was cooking) and then my enchilada I order had chicken pieces in it. This is after telling them multiple times that we are vegetarians and have them get us rice not cooked in chicken broth. I am never going to go there and you better ask them if you have food restriction, since there menu is not self explanatory and the staff is rude. We finally left without eating (after 2.5 hrs of waiting in total) and they still charged us for the part of the order....

3  Thank Navyaa
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had fast and friendly service. The chips, salsa, cheese dip, fajitas, and fajita chicken salad are all fresh and delicious. And, the lunch portions are perfect in size. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the mood for some good Mexican food.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A freind of mine and myself were driving into the area for a late dinner, and I have never been to this place. We like Mexican, so we give it a whirl. It was busy, but we were seated asap, and Carlos was our server on Sat, Jan 26th. Even arriving after 10pm, the staff was friendly and upbeat. It was a young crowd, mid-20's to 40's, and even with UFC and soccer on the giant bar tv's, the mood was still South of the Border.

Carlos was detained as the couple next to us was trying to pay with a gift card then, split the check. Not accepting the gift card was empty, and after some back and forth to the terminal, we order steak fajitas and steak/shrimp fajitas. The salsa used with the chips is very very good. I said very twice as we knocked out 3 dishes before the app arrived. The app was a nacho combo, which rolled out fast and was hot and tasty.

Close behind was the sizzling fajitas. The steak and shrimp had some mad-spicey habanero sauce. Both meals were hot in serving temperatreu, even the beans and rice. The marinade for the steak was a surprise, and was delicious. We had the cheesecake and the milk-soaked white cake for dessert, both excellent.

This place has great food. Several staff stopped by to ask if we were okay, and drinks were refilled several times. The staff is very busy, sort of chaotic at times. Seems many are overlapping each other. They probably need to slow done a notch and stay in sections. Lots of running here - there - everywhere. But, I would come back here again without hesitation. Entire meal was $72 including tip.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on a Saturday. The decor is very bright and vibrant with a lot of natural light and unique wall art. I also really liked the stone wall behind the bar area. I ordered chicken chimichangas and my husband got some sort of choripollo dish. We had a very attentive waiter that went out of his way to make sure my meal didn't have any bell peppers in it due to allergies. It was greatly appreciated!

The chips and salsa were very fresh. We even added a side of fresh made quacamole, which was very good. Our meals came out faster than I had expected. I have to say it was the best chimichanga I've had outside of Mexico. My husband was also very happy with his meal. I also had a blue margarita that was on special that day. It was mixed very well and definitely hit the spot.

If you're looking for good Mexican that won't break the bank, this is the place to be. We'll definitely be returning soon!

1  Thank goddess2230