“Too much of a good thing”
Review of Eleven

Eleven
Reserve a table
Wed, 5/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #13 of 2,172 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

While too much of a good thing isn't bad, I was disappointed in my experience here. My husband and I wanted to refuel so we could continue our museum visits. We split the pastrami sandwich. It came to the table in a huge portion but the mustard and celery seed slaw overpowered the actual meat in the sand which. The pastrami tasted more like beef. The fries were my favorite part of the dish. Loved sitting at the bar. Staff was amazing and attentive. Would liked to have seen more soups on the menu (only one mentioned) as well as less seafood appetizers.

Date of visit: December 2016
Write a reviewReviews (828)

Reviewed December 9, 2016

Not sure why I didn't know about this place before. Terrific menu with seasonal attention / locavor fresh and interesting. Layout of the restaurant is a little odd as it sits across an old railroad siding in a former warehouse so the angles are very interesting. It seats far more than might appear at first glance. I sat at the bar - both bar menu and full dinner menu were available. I opted for a mixture of both.
Wine list is exciting - which I rarely say for anything in Pittsburgh for sure. The selection of value priced high quality wines is superb. I think I'd want to try everything on the menu if possible.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

If you are looking for a very cool, upscale place to celebrate a special occasion the Eleven is a great choice. The balcony tables are very nice and the overall layout of the restaurant makes it very special. The menu changes daily and offers good variety. The food was very good, and the atmosphere was even better.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

Had an amazing time. Went with seven friends and was upgraded to a private room way in the back on the second floor. The service was fantastic and the food was excellent. The starters were fresh and modern, great Beet Salad and oysters. Had a perfectly cooked tenderloin for the main. The was kind of disappointed with the dessert of sorbet that was some kind of ginger pear flavor but other than that it was amazing. We had a great time!

Reviewed November 28, 2016

This is one of our go-to restaurants in the city for fine dining. They have an excellent wine selection, and do great wine and food pairings. Just about everything you try on the menu is good. The only caution is to have reservations and expect it to be pricy.

Date of visit: November 2016