“Excellent downtown restaurant”
Review of Eleven

Eleven
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant near the convention center downtown. Eleven is an upscale restaurant with an eclectic menu without feeling "stuffy". The atmosphere is comfortable and lively with a sizeable bar area on one side and dining on the other side and upstairs. I had a business dinner with 4 colleages & clients. The wine list is high quality without being overly expensive. There is a good variety of appetizers and entrees. I had the tomato salad and the wild Alaskan halibut. Prices for appetizers average about $10 and entrees ranged from the high $20s to low $40s - on the high side but not unreasonable considering the quality.

This is a good choice for a special occasion, a business dinner, or just because you happen to be in the area and want a nice meal!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stopped by for dessert only after eating elsewhere (that didn't have much dessert). Sat outside, GREAT service by a waiter who really gave a crap about us and our desserts!. Service was quick too. I'll be back for dinner proper next time.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

OMG The taste was good. The price obnoxious. I woke up during the night dying of thirst. The salt on the vegetable base for the salmon was overwhelming

1  Thank Glen W
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I dine annually at Eleven for my birthday. This year was a disappointment. We were seated upstairs as requested, but in a TINY balcony area over-looking the 1st floor with another couple - VERY uncomfortable and awkward. Chef tasting menus were ordered w/wine pairings. The food was amazing, but dishes were delivered at the table by someone other than our server. I had to ask for the menu so we could review what we were enjoying. We had to wait several minutes for each wine pairing, which again were delivered with no explanation. On previous visits, our server shared the components of dishes and described the wine paired with it. A single slice of bread was offered once;we had to ask for one more slice. Not a happy birthday.

1  Thank carriew29
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Came to Pittsburgh to catch a baseball game and had dinner here the first night in town. Wonderful food. A really helpful and friendly waiter who make good suggestions for us from the menu. Would be happy to come here again. Be sure to have desert.