“SF/ Manhattan style restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eleven

Eleven
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
Middletown, New Jersey
“SF/ Manhattan style restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Located in a former warehouse, this two level upscale restaurant would be typical of a good Manhattan SOHO or San Francisco restaurant. There is a good bar scene where a quick meal can be had or a more formal dining upstairs. One wall has a 2 story glass wine display which is quite impressive. We had pork chop,halibut and veal dinners and they were all very good. This is one of the better downtown restaurants

• Visited May 2014

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Consistent Pittsburgh Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've been a fan of the Big Burrito restaurants for years and Eleven is definitely one of my top picks in the 'Burgh. Great atmosphere, exceptional service, comfortable bar and lounge, excellent wine list and cocktails, and consistently delicious food based on fresh, seasonal, and local fare. Ask for a room on the 2nd level that overlooks the bar/lounge and consider the burger on the Tavern Menu....amazing burger!

Visited May 2014
Houston, TX
“Food was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Dined here for a work function.

The restaurant is really large with several private rooms.

I had the pork chop which was excellent. Will definitely come back on my next visit.

Visited April 2014
Huntington, West Virginia
“Disappointing for a large group.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I generally don't give bad reviews, but I feel that this one is deserving. I will say that the restaurant is nice and very upscale so expect it to be pricey. However with the atmosphere and price, one would expect great service. This particular occasion involved two large tables of our group with about 18 people. The service was very poor and the waitstaff very unfriendly. I would not suggest this place for business type meeting with that many people. Always like to be fair so if I'm ever in the area again I will try this place in a smaller group setting. I just don't think we got the service that we probably paid for on a prefix menu.

Visited May 2014
Freedom, Pennsylvania
“Interesting dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We went to Eleven for my wife's birthday. Our server was friendly and efficient. There were a number of tempting items on the appetizer menu, but as oyster lovers we could not pass up the Fisher's Island oysters. They were delicious. Care should be taken with the accompanying Eleven hot sauce. It was fiery. Salads are generously sized, especially the Three Greens. I had the asparagus salad which included duck ham. For entrees, my wife had the Alaskan halibut which came with potato puree and peas. The halibut was moist and flaky, and the braised ramps that came with the fish added a flavorful seasonal touch. I had the swordfish. Although the fish itself was nothing special, the accompaniments were creative and tasty. These included clams and mussels and angel hair pasta in a red sauce that contained chorizo sausage, red pepper and roasted garlic. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass and many bottles to choose from. Freshly baked breads were offered throughout the meal. Perhaps the best course we had was the dessert. We shared the Hazelnut Candy Bar. Chocolate lovers would not be disappointed with the rich chocolate cake, and the layers of chocolate candy and hazelnut brittle that formed the top and bottom provided delightful taste and texture contrasts. As I had mentioned this was a birthday when making the reservation, the kitchen included a chocolate square with Happy Birthday written on it. We were pleased with both the food and service and likely will return to Eleven in the future.

• Visited May 2014