“Too expensive for what they serve”
Review of Eleven

Eleven
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Too expensive for what they serve”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I went here for his birthday late on a Friday night and sat at the bar. We had a good time, but not because of our food and drinks, or the service. Their cocktails are expensive, which would be fine if they had plenty of booze to them, but they do not. Meh at best. We ordered the brussels sprout appetizer which was overly salty, and then waited forever for our dinners to arrive. He had the lamb, which he had to saw through with his knife - never a good sign - and I ordered the scallops appetizer. I was excited by the description of the tasso ham and peas it was served with. It turned out to be similar in taste to pork and beans . . . which was bizarre, and the scallops, again - meh.

Dessert was disappointing as well. Why do fine restaurants continuously serve some mediocre chocolate lava cake? Chocolate lovers are not impressed when it tastes like you ordered it from Cisco, or Starbucks . . .

We have eaten some amazing meals in some great restaurants - this was not one of those, and though the atmosphere was lovely, we will most likely never go back. Too much money for what was, at best, an average quality meal. Disappointing.

• Visited October 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Not if you are a group”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I took 12 customers to Eleven. We were first told to go to the bar while waiting for our table. The bartender carefully looked at everyone's ID and took note of everybody's drinks.
We were then told our table was ready and our drink would be brought to our table. 15 minutes later, the waiter came and said he would need to order again because of some miscommunication.....Result? 45 minutes to get our first drink. I was embarrassed in front of my customers.
I called the manager who said it was a mistake and he was sorry. he did not offer anything to compensate. For a 1300$ bill, I would have done something.
Some appetizers were brought before the main courses which emphasizes that there is a lack of organization. Go somewhere else.

Avignon, France
“Average, for me at least”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there one evening in November with a group of colleagues. The place was nice, crowded on a Friday night, yet the noise level was very low, at least in the semi private room we were in. Staff was extremely congenial, service was excellent. Colleagues seemed to enjoy their dinners but I was very disappointed. Maybe I did not choose right.. I would not recomment the "Semolina gnocchi". You could not find them, as there were so few of them and well hidden, but the fingerling potatoes were in great abundance, very little kale, and the whole rather tasteless. The warm dark chocolate cake was not a good selection either. It was not warm. It was very dense and heavy, with some cold chocolate sauce, pieces of crunchy chocolate and a scoop of ice cream. A big disappointment on my part.

Columbus, Ohio
“Beyond Amazing”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

From start to finish, the service and food was superb! Every dish had a creative flair that resulted in layers of flavor and an inspiring meal. My husband ordered the seafood plate that offered a generous taste of crab cakes, salmon and scallops. I ordered the salmon, and though I was stuffed, I ate it all. I nearly licked my plate. Everything is house made and the pastry chef is innovative and genius. My husband ordered the banana something and I ordered the pumpkin ice cream sandwich. Super delicious. The atmosphere was very romantic and trendy; the music softly energizing and relaxing. Our service was spot on and never a delay. Great wine list, too!

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
“Never disappoints ”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this spot so many times and with various parties over the years. Beginning with the valet service out front to the warm reception inside - it is all good. The bar is a favorite but you will love the dining. Very clever preparations and they all superb. You will never have a bad meal or a bad experience. Enjoy.