“Upscale and delicious”
Review of Eleven

Eleven
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,172 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Upscale and delicious”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I work a few blocks from Eleven and love having lunch here for special occasions. The burgers are excellent, the sandwiches are great and the sides are alway delicious. Good service too.

Visited September 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good food, friendly professional service, great music. Great mellow hip vibe.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were in Pittsburgh for 1 night, rerouted after a planned visit to NYC the weekend that Hurricane Sandy hit.

Went here for dinner, and we were really glad for it.

Lovely room, comfortable round banquettes, lots of room.

Very friendly, unpretentious, but highly professional service.

The food was very good. Why not excellent? Because they just tried to do too much, with too many trendy ingredients. WOuld have been much better if they just exhaled, and tried to do it a little simpler.

Having said that, my swordfish entree was very very very fresh, and absolutely perfectly cooked. I mean absolutely perfectly cooked.

The waiter was terrific. The beers were insipired choices. The music was excellent for this fan of '70s hippie music.

It was very nice upscale place with a very unpretentious mellow hip friendly place vibe.

Would definetly go there again if we;re ever in town again.

A note to the chef/owner -- you've got a really good place going here. Just simplify the food a notch, and you'll have an absolute 10.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JolietJakeBlues
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“5 days in a row...”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

my wife and I dined at Eleven. As a Pittsburgh native in town for the Steeler game I try to stay connected by reading the City Paper and Gazette on-line and was aware of their stellar reviews and other press. This place exceeded all expectations. They accommodated my many food allergies without pause and without compromising execution. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive. The open kitchen is a well oiled machine of disciplined chefs and artisans working in harmony and near silence. As restaurant owners and foodies,my wife and I are impressed and inspired by Eleven.

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A perfect ten is really Eleven”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Being the flagship of this restaurant group and visiting some of their other brands I can see why my meal was spectacular. The place is decorated very nicely and very upscale. We had some drinks at the bar and the bartender was friendly and attentive.

Our seat was ready on time. We started with the foie gras and it was excellent. Next was the pumpkin soup which was perfect and very tasty.

I shared the porterhouse for two and it was melt in your mouth delicious.

Finally we had the pumpkin cannolis and they were very good.

If you haven't been here and are reading this review you need to go!

1 Thank EBABWBMB
pittsburgh
“Great place for a nice dinner”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We eat here every three months or so. We have never, over the many years we have been eating here, had a bad meal. I always get the chef's menu with the matched wines. My husband picks and chooses. In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in the downtown area. The tables are far enough apart that you aren't privy to the other tables' conversations. The servers are pleasant, and the prices, while not cheap, are good value for what you get. I really, really like this place.

• Visited September 2012