“Winner for an anniversary.”
Review of Eleven

Eleven
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 12th St.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went to Eleven for our anniversary after locating it on the internet and calling our hotel for a recommendation. Made the reservation on line and requested a quiet table. We made the reservation for 8:30 as we were not sure what time we would arrive in Pittsburgh. When we arrived earlier than expected we called the restaurant and they were very willing to give us an earlier time. If you go ask for seating on the upper level at the farther end from the bar. The table overlooked the downstairs and there are only two tables. Made for a very romantic way to celebrate. The wine list was food and the choices were split fairly well between expensive and more reasonable. The food was excellent. I would recommend the lamb taco as a starter.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We celebrated my wife's birthday at Eleven this week and we both had an outstanding evening. We were seated at the "Eleven" table, an intimate table suspended above the bar and completely separated from the rest of the upstairs dining space. It was way cool.The decor is soft-core industrial chic -- a mixture of exposed old beams and brick, new, dark wooden fixtures, and lots of steel. The lighting is low and so, too, is the noise level. Amazing for such a large, two-story space.

The foods is phenomenal. At our server's suggestion, I started with a cask Manhattan -- which is aged in a wooden cask for 30 days before serving. Wow. Gotta try that at home. My appetizer of beef cheek ravioli was rich, hearty and intensely flavorful. My wife's yellowtail sashimi was very fresh, and lightly refreshing. For a main course, I chose grilled swordfish, which came on a bed of cous-cous studded with hot sausage. The fish was moist and grilled perfectly, and the whole dish was spectacular. My wife said her lamb chops were perfectly wonderful. Molten chocolate cake with house-made ice cream topped off an unforgettable meal. Plates are beautifully constructed and portions are just right. We left truly satisfied but not waddling out the door, which is a good thing.

Service was friendly, but not annoyingly so. The wine list befits the food, with enough selections to please any wine lover. Menu and wine prices are probably at the upper end of dining in Pittsburgh, but the value is definitely there. Not a place to dine every day, but certainly a 'special occasion' restaurant we'll return to soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went for a mid-week lunch. Fantastic service, food and atomosphere. Very nice indoor/outdoor bar area as well. Steak for lunch was excellent and cooked perfectly. Can't wait to go back for dinner.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The ambiance is great here--I love the decor and overall vibe of the place. Very classy but welcoming. Their Happy Hour is awesome--great prices. And the pretzels were AWESOME. YUM!!!! They were more light donuts:)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recieved a postcard that allowed me to get $30 off a meal. What a great deal. Also the desserts are very good!