“My favorite restaurant in pittsburgh”
Review of Noodle Hut - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Noodle Hut
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and I continue to go back to green mango everytime I'm back there. The food is amazing and inexpensive and the robinson family really gives it a great feel. I've never had a bad meal there and although I've had a lot of thai food in my life, this is the most authentic and delicious.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great soup, cheap eats. Well worth stopping in for

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The Green Mango is a delightful Thai restaurant. I have always had tasty meals there, over the course of three years. This place is BYOB, they will decanter or open for you, but you cannot purchase alcholol there. However, there is a liquor store on the corner block in case you come prepared. The seasonings are delightful, and the cozy atmosphere makes this little restaurant a real comfy experience. It can get pretty crowded during weekend dinner hour. Whenever we went there, service was quick and friendly. Try the ginger tea, my SO thought it was the bomb.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

On a Sunday afternoon around 1:00, we walked in and seated ourselves; restaurant had customers but was not crowded. The masaman tofu was excellent as was the panang chicken, both ordered from the lunch menu. Portions were on the smaller side, but that may be because it was lunch. Rice came with. My only real complaint is that our Thai ice coffee and Thai ice tea were tasty, but the glasses were filled with too much ice. The restaurant is small so the noisy large table was a bit of an annoyance but I can't really fault the restaurant for having patrons who were enjoying themselves.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Noodle Hut, aka Green Mango, is in the Regent Square neighborhood. I am lucky enough to live w/i walking distance, so partake frequently. It's a very walkable neighborhood and I think that many locals eat here often as well. Why not? Food is very good, esp their curries, very fresh, and reasonably priced. Service is good and it's nice, when it stops raining, to eat at sidewalk tables.