“Go for drinks, not food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Redfin Blues

Redfin Blues
Ranked #764 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Go for drinks, not food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The location is the best thing they have to offer. It appears they are one of those restaurants that relies on their location and marvelous view, as opposed to their culinary missteps. That results in a disappointment. If you order a cocktail, make certain to tell the waitperson, which brand you want, otherwise you may be paying for more than you intended.

New York City, New York
“Average food, great view, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Food is average. Service is poor. Lunch menu is very limited. I ordered chicken wings with Redfin Blues sauce but it was just the dry chicken wings, no sauce at all. Other than the view, there is no reason to go this place. Go there if you like outside seating when the weather is good once a year or so...

Grantsville, Maryland
“Good vibes, nice view, tasty appetizers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was a pleasant stop on a bike ride through the city. Outdoor seating, nice view, quick & friendly service for our appetizers and drinks. I can't speak, however, to the full menu - although the other diners who received their sizeable meals seemed happy enough. Overall, we'd stop here again. :)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surprisingly Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

It has been a while since I ate at a marina restaurant; I typically avoid them as well as small airfield cafes and the like. Most of them feed off their location not their product.
So when my son suggested Redfin Blues in the tony Washington Landing area, I had mixed feelings. The restaurant and marina are located under the 30th St bridge. It would be hard to find in the best of times but with all the bridge and Rte 28 construction, it is a real challenge. River access is a piece of cake. It is located on a bike/pedestrian trail and would make an OK rest stop/turn around
The ,Marina is too clean to be very busy. The boat lift is suitable for small craft but not much more. The restaurant building is also very clean and well organized. Lots of outdoor seating with a scenic overlook of the picturesque Allegheny River and the old industrial area of Polish Hill.
The menu is relatively small with mostly seafood...so freshness was a concern. We settled on sandwiches, ahi, beer-batter cod, and lump crab cake. Sides were fries and mixed veggies. Service was prompt and polite. Food was served in about 10-15 minutes. It was good. Not great but a solid good. Food was hot and well presented. Sandwich fixin's were on the side so you could dress it as you liked it.
All in all, a very pleasant meal. Not great but above average. When you throw in Pittsburgh prices as opposed to the washington DC prices we are used to, Redfin Blues is a safe choice. I won't go out of my way to go back, but I wont argue against it either.,

I bet it is a seasonal operation, Better check if you are considering a February visit.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a great bike ride my wife and I decided to have lunch here. Other than the view, there is no reason to go to this place! The service is horrible and the menu is very limited. After sitting down I was told that I was "not allowed" to seat myself (even though 80% of the tables were empty). The young lady that told me this was the hostess. After walking back to the hostess station and telling her that I needed a table for 2, she took me back to the same table. The place claims to have a raw bar but there was nothing like that available. I ordered the chicken salad croissant that tasted like cardboard and was served with wilted lettuce and a shaved slice of half-ripe tomato. We found out after we ate that there were specials but our waiter never bothered to tell us about them, I will not return to this place unless it closes and is taken over by competent management.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Redfin Blues? Share your experiences!