“Good vibes, nice view, tasty appetizers”
Review of Redfin Blues

Redfin Blues
Ranked #350 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was a pleasant stop on a bike ride through the city. Outdoor seating, nice view, quick & friendly service for our appetizers and drinks. I can't speak, however, to the full menu - although the other diners who received their sizeable meals seemed happy enough. Overall, we'd stop here again. :)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

It has been a while since I ate at a marina restaurant; I typically avoid them as well as small airfield cafes and the like. Most of them feed off their location not their product.
So when my son suggested Redfin Blues in the tony Washington Landing area, I had mixed feelings. The restaurant and marina are located under the 30th St bridge. It would be hard to find in the best of times but with all the bridge and Rte 28 construction, it is a real challenge. River access is a piece of cake. It is located on a bike/pedestrian trail and would make an OK rest stop/turn around
The ,Marina is too clean to be very busy. The boat lift is suitable for small craft but not much more. The restaurant building is also very clean and well organized. Lots of outdoor seating with a scenic overlook of the picturesque Allegheny River and the old industrial area of Polish Hill.
The menu is relatively small with mostly seafood...so freshness was a concern. We settled on sandwiches, ahi, beer-batter cod, and lump crab cake. Sides were fries and mixed veggies. Service was prompt and polite. Food was served in about 10-15 minutes. It was good. Not great but a solid good. Food was hot and well presented. Sandwich fixin's were on the side so you could dress it as you liked it.
All in all, a very pleasant meal. Not great but above average. When you throw in Pittsburgh prices as opposed to the washington DC prices we are used to, Redfin Blues is a safe choice. I won't go out of my way to go back, but I wont argue against it either.,

I bet it is a seasonal operation, Better check if you are considering a February visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a great bike ride my wife and I decided to have lunch here. Other than the view, there is no reason to go to this place! The service is horrible and the menu is very limited. After sitting down I was told that I was "not allowed" to seat myself (even though 80% of the tables were empty). The young lady that told me this was the hostess. After walking back to the hostess station and telling her that I needed a table for 2, she took me back to the same table. The place claims to have a raw bar but there was nothing like that available. I ordered the chicken salad croissant that tasted like cardboard and was served with wilted lettuce and a shaved slice of half-ripe tomato. We found out after we ate that there were specials but our waiter never bothered to tell us about them, I will not return to this place unless it closes and is taken over by competent management.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Redfin blues is a hard to find Bar located on Washingtons landing on the allegheny river. The river location has a nice view. You definitely want to sit out on the patio overlooking the river. The food offerings are overpriced for the quality and selection,frozen not fresh.
The beer selection is poor with no craft beer offerings...Really? Standard american mass produced beer. The patio also has a railing that is too high and blocks your view while seated. Also be prepared for smokers galore while seated on the patio.
I would not consider returning until they offer good craft beers and they reduce their premium pricing for very average offerings.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I sat on the patio. The wine and pizza were okay. Flies were everywhere. It was not very pretty. I was expecting a nicer restaurant. Slightly disappointing. The view was okay. Not my cup of tea.