WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 10 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Philadelphia PA
“A Pittsburgh treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited the inn a few weeks ago and we will be back again. The staff are so welcoming and warm. We travel a lot a d this is the only place we have stayed that doesn't charge for all the extras. Afternoon tea, wine and cheese, and pasties are all such a nice touch, especially after a long drive. The staff are very knowledgable about the area. Breakfast was great. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We loved the first floor room, pictured on the website. Beautiful floor to ceiling windows!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tay8782

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My fiance and I stayed one night at the Inn on Negley. We we on the last day of a 14 day trip together before we had to go our separate ways and we wanted one last romantic night together. We stayed in the Empire Suite (I am almost certain) which is on the top floor. I recall it being like the 3rd floor. It wasn't fun lugging our bags up but it was worth it. Note, we didn't really ask for any help with the bags. I am sure they would have helped though if we asked.

We arrived around 5pm and were quickly greeted and arrangements made. We had paid for some extra services, like wine/cheese/chocolate cake in the room that evening, followed by breakfast in the room the following day. We set a time for the wine,cheese, and cake, and breakfast the following morning as well. After getting settled, I got logged onto the wifi and we found a place to eat nearby.

There are a number of B&Bs in this area but I have to say the Inn on Negley has a great location. The only good area for a night out for dinner and drinks, without getting a cab or driving very far, is the "Walnut Street" area, which is lined with shops, restaurants, and bars, and seems popular for students, professors, etc....this is a college part of town. The Inn on Negley is within about a 7 minute walk of this area. We had arrived during a pretty bad snow storm and I'd say there was at least 7 inches of snow and 25 degrees and my fiance and I still walked to the Walnut Street area and back with no problems.

I will say beyond this though, I am not sure why one would be staying in this part of town. The only thing you are close to is UPitt....downtown pittsburgh and the airport are a ways off.

After dinner we went back to the room to get cleaned up and relax and the wine,cheese, and cake was delivered. Before we even checked in they had already set up a very nice small table and two chairs for us for both that evening and in the morning. My fiance is the wine drinker and also likes cheese, and she enjoyed it but I can't really say much beyond that. One tip I will add, however, is that on the weekends the Inn has the wine and cheese available for free in the downstairs lobby area (where they serve breakfast) and it is the same as what you get in your room, so if you were thinking about that "extra" and are ok just eating it downstairs, you will save yourself some money....you get the same stuff. The cake was just ok. Not great, not bad either.

The room was really outstanding. You really have to take some time to take it all in. I had been in the bathroom a few times before I realized just how opulent and nice it really was. Bed was very large and comfy with plenty of covers/blankets/pillows/etc. I found the room to be very quite and we both got a great nights sleep. The room had a fireplace but there was something wrong with it and although they said they'd look into it, I think they forgot and we didn't care too much and didn't press the issue.

The night before we had ordered our breakfast and it was delivered right on time and was very tasty. Lots of options. I think the Mrs. had some eggs and bacon with fruit and yogurt and I had waffles with oatmeal and fruit as well. As we ate in the room, not sure how things operated downstairs in the kitchen.

They came and took everything away promptly and we had late check out as part of our package so we just relaxed a little longer and took our time. They have free parking in the rear of the property that is very convenient.

We enjoyed our stay very much and have no complaints. It is a great property, very close to Walnut Street area, easy parking, great staff/service, and compared to the other B&Bs in the area, I think is good value. We would definitely stay again if we were ever in the area.

Thanks Negley team!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeffrey D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

From the time we checked in, until we checked out, everything about this place was perfect!! The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms are well appointed, pristine, and comfortable, and the breakfast was spectacular. We have stayed at the inn twice, and each time it was a wonderful experience. It is in a great location and within walking distance to Walnut Street where there are great shops and restaurants. We will come back to The Inn on Negley for years to come!!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Debbie D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a great place to stay. It was beautiful, clean, and quite. Their breakfasts, cookies, and wine and cheese were great. They also have accommodations that are extras that are great for a romantic weekend (i.e. wine/cheese/crackers in room, meal in room, massage appointments). They were very accommodating for my surprise birthday weekend for my husband and had things waiting in the room for us and then when we went out they brought a cake into the room for my to surprise him when I got back as well. The staff were very friendly especially Bill! The location is great. Just about 10 minutes to the Heinz and PNC stadiums and just as close to all of the museums, the strip, and downtown. They have different sized rooms. If you want a larger-newer room just ask about them. They are quite beautiful.

Room Tip: If you want a larger-newer room just ask about them. Take advantage of the cookies and wine & c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sayerhill
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here several times over the past 3 years. The Inn on Negley feels more like a small boutique inn rather than a Bed and Breakfast. There is great attention to detail. Breakfast is always good, and we like that (1) you are provided a choice of menu and breakfast time and (2) there are individual tables in the breakfast room.

The location is perfect to walk to restaurants, shops and bars on Walnut Street in Shadyside, and it is also an easy enough drive into downtown.

All-in-all, the Inn on Negley is top-notch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 82JLS
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We have nothing but good to say about this Inn. Located close to museums and downtown. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was awesome. They offer complementary house wine each evening, too. I give my highest recommendation.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Dear Liz

We couldn’t rest without sending this e-mail after our latest stay at The Inn on Negley.

If only we had adequate words to tell the absolute perfection of our experience.

This is the latest and longest of our many times at the Inn and although it doesn’t seem possible, each time seems better than the last. It’s difficult to pinpoint any specific part of the experience as the service and attention is sheer perfection in every area. You and your “crew” seem to know exactly what we want or need before we even know ourselves so that it is rare that we have to ask for anything. Then if we do, it’s there or done before you know it.

Breakfast was always absolutely delicious with every whim catered for and was something we looked forward to every day. A gourmet delight which could easily have substituted for dinner.

All in all a fabulous operation with a wholly relaxing atmosphere whether in the luxurious comfort of our room or in the equally luxurious sitting room which enabled us to completely “chill out” 100% of the time and enjoy our time in Pittsburgh to the full.

We look forward to our next visit to Pittsburgh impatiently.

Thank you again for everything.

Louise & Laurie Cohen
________________________________________

Room Tip: Each room is different and all beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family