“wonderful getaway”
Review of The Inn on Negley

The Inn on Negley
Ranked #1 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I am embarrassed to have let two months go by before writing a review of this wonderful B&B. My husband and I planned a two night getaway, but didn't want to go too far in the winter. This B&B exceeded our expectations. We added the afternoon tea for our first day, and it was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn is in walking distance to many restaurants and shops in the Shadyside area, so there is much you can do without ever moving your car. We stayed on the third floor since some reviews had mentioned street noise, and we did not have a problem. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank libbie_12
There are newer reviews for The Inn on Negley

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The room and inn were comfortable and elegant. Easy walking to shopping, restaurants, gym. A highlight was High Tea with family and friends, delicious sandwiches, pastries and pleasant, knowledgeable tea service. Attentive staff and exception breakfasts. Indoor and outdoor relaxing spaces.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Inn on Negley because I was in Pittsburgh for work. I can't say enough good things about my stay. I felt completely comfortable there: cared for - but not watched over, which is sometimes an issue at bed and breakfasts. The rooms were clean and cozy. And the bathrooms spacious. I also loved the tea that was available all day. And the area of town is also quite nice - although not within walking distance of the universities. And I loved that there was a full-service fitness center that one could use nearby (for a small fee).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Ambiance was cozy, comfortable and totally relaxing. Gas fire place and jacuzzi in Courtland room was perfect. I was taking my teen granddaughters for a one night get away. I slept on the roll away which was very comfortable for a roll away, but the bed was heavenly. The staff was warm, helpful and gave us an upgrade room for the corporate price, but after paying for the extras (roll away, $30 for extra people and hefty taxes) it ran $275 for one night. Ouch! The walls are paper thin so even though we were talking in low voices we received a call that we were making too much noise. The heavy traffic on Negley and the voices and TV noises from other rooms made this not the optimum stay for the price. Loved the looks of the rooms and staff (Victorian).

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank emunah
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My wife and I only visit Pittsburgh during the Thanksgiving holidays and I wanted to treat her to something special. The Inn on Negley was even more than I had hoped with beautiful decorations, exceptional furnishings, and a very warm and friendly staff. We were so pampered that it was difficult to leave. This Inn is truly a gem operated by good people.

Room Tip: The Cortland is a spacious room with a view, a warm fireplace, beautiful furnishings and a wonderful...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William F
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Loved the comfy bed, the fantastic breakfasts (oh, my!) and the evening treats. Landscaping was beautiful-a treat to the eye. Hope to return.

Room Tip: Not for those who can not make stairs-more for billy goats!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyce r
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Took my wife for a quick getaway weekend to this B&B. Friendly staff and beautiful rooms. Recommend if you are looking for a charming place to stay in Pittsburgh, PA!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple