“Always delicious, but best on week nights”

Ibiza Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #783 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Description: Ibiza Tapas & Wine bar was one of the first few tapas places to open in Pittsburgh. We offer a large selection of cold & hot tapas on a regular basis as well as different specials on Friday & Saturday. Full dinner entrees are also on the menu. With 60 different wines, we are able to satisfy many of the serious wine drinker. Wines can be enjoyed by the glass or through a variety of flight. Our bartenders will be more than happy to help you make a selection. The architecture of the building creates & enjoyable dining atmosphere. Our year round patio with elegant lighting & a romantic water fall is the perfect place for a romantic dinner or to just enjoy the night out with friends. Through out the winter months the patio is covered & heated. Every month we hold a different wine dinner party. With a different region covered each month – you can enjoy the pairing of different foods & wines for a memorable experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Always delicious, but best on week nights”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had gone years ago & thought it was pretty good. My boyfriend & I went again about six months ago because of a gift certificate & fell in love. We've gone back several times since, usually bringing friends with us, who also end up loving it.
It can be pricey, so it's not an every night or every week thing, but it's delicious. I've tried at least 20 things on the menu and haven't been disappointed in anything but the calamari. (I'm a calamari snob & it was on a packed Saturday night)
I would definitely recommend going during the week when it's not busy. You can tell a clear difference in the quality of the food.

Visited January 2013

Washington, DC
“Good creative food.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Unique plates, reasonably priced, along with fair priced bottles of wine. Artichoke fritters and the beet & endive salad were favorites. Friendly service.

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Dissappointing to some extent - but still a good visit.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited Ibiza's during our tour of CMU three weeks ago. It was a bitterly cold night and we wanted some hot tapas to warm us up. The outdoor seating area at Ibiza had a nice cover and the area was heated with powerful gas burners. We were impressed with the circuses - it was elegant and cozy. Our waiter took a bit of time to take our order but we had a bit of time to dine. We ordered five different tapas and a cup of soup. Unfortunately the soup came lukewarm - not exactly what we needed to heat up. The taste was so so. Also, unfortunately, only four of the tapas made their way to our table. Our waiter forgot to order the Solomillo. By the time he came back to check on us, we had decided to skip that tapa and also skip dessert. We are avid tapas fans, we look forward to sampling different takes on variations: for example the Tapas al Alioli - something that Ibiza has interpreted as pan fried seasoned potatoes. I am sure the place rocks in the summertime. 1/2 a carafe of Sangria can lighten up anyone.

• Visited February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food in a Great Location”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My fiancee and I visit Ibiza a few times a year and we really like it. We've been there as a couple and with a group of friends. It's a great restaurant to try a bunch of different foods, as well as have some drinks before going out in the south side.

Pros
The food is very good. I'm not always very adventurous when it comes to food, but there is still plenty for someone like me. The atmosphere is great, especially if you're seated in the outside section on a warm summer night. The service is usually quick and they have a great selection of drinks, especially wine. We almost always make reservations when we go, and we never have to wait when we do.

Cons
A dinner for 2 can be surprisingly expensive for what you get. A couple glasses of wine and a few plates of Tapas can easily approach $100 before you know it. The service can be slow if it's busy. If you don't make a reservation, you could end up waiting for quite awhile.

In short, we love Ibiza and we'll definitely be going back there soon!

• Visited January 2013
“Worst experience at a restaurant in years”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could write more about this place, but the terrible service would not allow me to. Therefore, my food review is invalid so please disregard. We were quoted a 20 minute wait time for a party of two, which turned into an hour. We had to go up and ask the hostess at 30 minutes what the status was and she told us they were just waiting for this large party to leave. Fair enough. When that large party left and hour and some bit later, a party of 6 who arrived 15 minutes ago was seated there. I politely went up to her stand to ask what was going on and she replied "I'm sorry" and just crossed my name off with not one look of honesty in her reply. We clearly had to walk out because it seems the way to get seated there is if you slip them a tip or you know someone. The kicker was we sat at the bar waiting (bartenders were very good) and spent $25 in drinks before a meal we never received. This was the worst service experience I have seen in a long time. I wonder where the manager was in all this considering there were a few more parties of 2 in our situation.