“Great Food in a Great Location”

Ibiza Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #606 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Description: Ibiza Tapas & Wine bar was one of the first few tapas places to open in Pittsburgh. We offer a large selection of cold & hot tapas on a regular basis as well as different specials on Friday & Saturday. Full dinner entrees are also on the menu. With 60 different wines, we are able to satisfy many of the serious wine drinker. Wines can be enjoyed by the glass or through a variety of flight. Our bartenders will be more than happy to help you make a selection. The architecture of the building creates & enjoyable dining atmosphere. Our year round patio with elegant lighting & a romantic water fall is the perfect place for a romantic dinner or to just enjoy the night out with friends. Through out the winter months the patio is covered & heated. Every month we hold a different wine dinner party. With a different region covered each month – you can enjoy the pairing of different foods & wines for a memorable experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food in a Great Location”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My fiancee and I visit Ibiza a few times a year and we really like it. We've been there as a couple and with a group of friends. It's a great restaurant to try a bunch of different foods, as well as have some drinks before going out in the south side.

Pros
The food is very good. I'm not always very adventurous when it comes to food, but there is still plenty for someone like me. The atmosphere is great, especially if you're seated in the outside section on a warm summer night. The service is usually quick and they have a great selection of drinks, especially wine. We almost always make reservations when we go, and we never have to wait when we do.

Cons
A dinner for 2 can be surprisingly expensive for what you get. A couple glasses of wine and a few plates of Tapas can easily approach $100 before you know it. The service can be slow if it's busy. If you don't make a reservation, you could end up waiting for quite awhile.

In short, we love Ibiza and we'll definitely be going back there soon!

• Visited January 2013

“Worst experience at a restaurant in years”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could write more about this place, but the terrible service would not allow me to. Therefore, my food review is invalid so please disregard. We were quoted a 20 minute wait time for a party of two, which turned into an hour. We had to go up and ask the hostess at 30 minutes what the status was and she told us they were just waiting for this large party to leave. Fair enough. When that large party left and hour and some bit later, a party of 6 who arrived 15 minutes ago was seated there. I politely went up to her stand to ask what was going on and she replied "I'm sorry" and just crossed my name off with not one look of honesty in her reply. We clearly had to walk out because it seems the way to get seated there is if you slip them a tip or you know someone. The kicker was we sat at the bar waiting (bartenders were very good) and spent $25 in drinks before a meal we never received. This was the worst service experience I have seen in a long time. I wonder where the manager was in all this considering there were a few more parties of 2 in our situation.

Washington
“Underwelming”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We've tried Ibiza a couple times and have been underwhelmed each time. It was disappointing to go to a wine bar and find that the server wasn't knowledgeable enough to make even the most basic wine recommendation. When I finally chose a glass of wine, it arrived a bit warm, which made it rather unappetizing, but I didn't want to press the server so I kept it.

The food we ordered ranged from okay to barely passable. The chorizo, pine nut and spinach tapas was mostly a plate of very greasy chorizo. I've had this dish elsewhere and it was much better. We also ordered a salad, which was fine though some of the greens in it were past their prime. I had several other plates, too - nothing good enough to mention.

Overall, I get the impression that the folks working here have stopped caring. The place feels tired (it was nearly empty when we were there on a weeknight). A man who seemed to be the manager frequently stepped out of the restaurant to smoke right outside the door, which is a very unprofessional thing to do.

I tried to like you, Ibiza, I really did - but you let me down.

• Visited November 2012
“Great Quick Snack!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my son before his graduation! We were so hungry. It really hit the spot! I enjoyed the variety of food offered and everything was very tasty and cooked properly. I would return again the next time I visit Pittsburg. I would like to bring my husband.

Pittsburgh
“good bar for Tapas”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tapas bars are a rarity in Pittsburgh but this is a good one for any city. Ajoins Mallorca resturant. They have well priced wine sampling with very good fish dishes, good date place or a starting place for a night in the south side