Tripadvisor
Pittsburgh
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews pirates game pnc park heinz field across the street soho restaurant north shore great location rivers casino children's museum in town baseball stadium front desk staff sitting area the shuttle driver free breakfast science center the sofa bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The renovations were super nice!!!! The bed was very comfortable and I loved the color scheme. I have stayed at the property several times and every renovation just gets better and better.

Check-in was very easy and did not take long being that I checked in via the mobile app. The front desk agent recognized that I am a Silver Elite Marriott Bonvoy member and welcomed me. She was very nice.

I made the reservation for one night but since I enjoyed the room so much and the rate was so low, I decided to stay another night. I called down to the front desk to see if they needed my card again and the front desk agent said no, we just need to give you new key cards. New key cards? I thought that was weird. I didn’t understand why I needed a brand new set of key cards instead of just reactivating the cards that I already had.

I checked out and took the shuttle to my job. The shuttle driver was a sweetheart and the breakfast attendant was super sweet too. I wish I could remember their names.

Now here’s where the issues start.....I saw three hotel charges on my card and I noticed that my points were not on my Bonvoy account. I called the property and spoke with the manager who said her name was Marina and I questioned the charges. She said they were charging me a $120 no show fee..... I said excuse me? She said we have you listed as a no show. I said that is definitely a mistake!!!! I was there two nights!!! I don’t know if it was an honest mistake or if someone was trying to pull a fast one. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not sure if I will stay there again. Please make sure that you check your receipt and your card during and after your stay for any questionable or fraudulent charges. Thank goodness my bank was on top of it right away.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear pghcutie72
Thank you for taking the time to review us at the SpringHill Suites North Shore. While it was refreshing to read your kind comments I would like to apologize for the mishaps that did occur during your stay.
I would love the opportunity to hear more about this and if your wouldn't mind contacting me at your earliest convenience I will leave my number below.

412-323-9005 x 5001

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel for your next getaway to Pittsburgh! We travelled with our family, including children. They loved the pool - while fairly small, we the only guests in it. The location is great with many things to do and places to eat nearby. The front desk workers, especially Khalid, were super accommodating and provided fast and easy transportation through their free shuttle. The complimentary breakfast was good. Overall, we hope to return to this hotel during our next family getaway to the area.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear JennySchro
Thank you for the awesome reveiw of the SpringHill Suites North Shore! I'm pleased to read that your children loved the pool.
Thank you for all of your kind comments about our staff; especially Khalid. I will be sure to let him know!
Once again, thank you, and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I come to watch the Steelers once a season, and as Marriott Bonvoy members, I have no idea why this is the first time we’ve stayed here. Close to the Stadium (can see it from my window), clean, spacious, friendly staff (especially at breakfast), BREAKFAST, and a shuttle that will take you to The Strip.
This may have been the first time, but we’ll be back next year!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear LLONEIL
thank you very much for the awesome review of the SpringHill Suites North Shore!
It was very pleasing to read all of your kind remarks regarding our hotel, and more importantly our staff!
We truly hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 10, 2019

Went for a girls weekend. There was 7 of us. We booked a 2, 2 bedroom rooms but the hotel said we did not. they said we booked 2 rooms For 4 people each, but did not specify that it was two Queen beds. Therefore we got the rooms we were in. ( Our original reservation said 2 2-bedroom rooms. ) When we booked we even asked to be on the same floor and that did not happen. We ended up with a King bed and a pullout sofa. Not the greatest when you have several people in the group with back and neck issues. We did not have enough towels and ran out of toilet paper too! When we called the front desk they said they would “try” and send someone up. Then we asked for a late check-out. Normal checkout is at 11AM. We asked to extend to 12. We were told that only 1 room could be extended until noon. We are platinum members of Marriott and we were surprised that they would refuse that. Really disappointed in this hotel. Will not be back to this hotel!

I can say it was clean and they had a good free breakfast! The ladies who made sure the breakfast was fully stocked were amazing! They were so kind and sweet and did a fantastic job!!!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2019

Dear AuntRose76
Please accept my deepest apologies for all of the inconveniences that occurring during your stay. As we strive to provide a memorable stay for all of our guests we have certainly fell short of providing you with that.
As I read your comments I know that we could have been more considerate of meeting your requests.
I would also like to apologize on behalf of my staff. I certainly hope this will not hinder any future relationship we have as I would like nothing more than to welcome you back and hopefully restore confidence in our hotel.
Thank you for letting us know of our deficiencies as it can only make us better.

Reviewed November 10, 2019

We stayed here four nights and our room was never fully cleaned. The bed was not made, the floors were not swept/vacuumed, and the towels weren’t replaced. I called the front desk and the issue still wasn’t resolved.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Laz L
Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences and certainly the lack of service that took place during your stay. These, by far, are not our standards. Should your travels bring you back please reach out to me personally, so that I may ensure a memorable stay and to restore your confidence in our brand.