WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Carmel, Indiana
“Good Location On North Shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This facility is clean and comfortable. Our room was large and had a separating wall from bedroom to living room area. It's very convenient to attend a Pittsburgh Pirates game as we walked across the street to attend the opening day game. They have an excellent free breakfast available for three hours a day. They provide a free shuttle service to various places in the city. This is a nice service because it's not an easy city to drive, park or walk around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bookroxy
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Means a lot to the staff here that we were able to be part of such a special evening for you both. We know that it can be rare moments that guest's are able to escape their day to day and get down here to relax and enjoy everything the North Shore of Pittsburgh has to offer. We appreciate all the comments and feedback you have provided and only hope to be your desired location for the next anniversary or just a getaway out on the town. A smile and comfortable bed will always be waiting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Copley, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The week after our wedding anniversary, my wife and I left the kids at home and traveled to Pittsburgh where we stayed at the SpringHill Suites. It is located immediately across the street from PNC Park where the Pittsburgh Pirates play and very close to just about everything else.
We arrived about 8:45 PM on a Friday. When I walked inside I was immediately met with a smile by one of the workers at the front desk. He was very courteous and helpful. He knew that I was a rewards member and treated me wonderfully. He indicated where I was to park, gave me my room keys and I was off.
We were put in a 1 bedroom suite that was plenty big and had a king size bed. The room had a sink & fridge in the common area as well as a desk setup for working.
The water pressure was good. The bed was comfortable. Everything went well with the stay.

Pros - I used my Marriott Rewards points and we were able to stay for free. Comfortable, clean bed. Fantastic staff. Awesome view. Fairly quiet although next to a major interstate highway. The breakfast smelled wonderful, although we did not eat there.

Cons - I dislike the bathroom sink being in a different room than the toilet. This was the case with the other SpringHill Suites that we stayed (Cincinnati, OH). That breeds bacteria on the inside door handle when leaving the toilet / shower area unless the handle is wiped down all the time.
Also, the toilet tissue holder was too far away from the toilet. Adults probably wouldn't have a problem reaching, but certainly children will.
Finally, the $19 cost to park in the parking lot is steep. However, it is the cheapest in the area and I understand the necessity.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
White Bear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was in Pittsburgh for two nights on business. We got in late the first night, and the guy at the check in was friendly, helpful, got us checked in quickly. The room was really nice, quiet, comfortable king bed. The breakfast was OK - not the greatest hotel breakfast but perfectly sufficient for a quick bite on a workday.

The offer a shuttle to downtown locations, but we didn't end up needing it. It appeared that it was available, and I saw lots of business people using it.

Interactions with the staff were all positive. If I go the 'Burgh again, I'd stay here.

Burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had to.travel to Pittsburgh for work and chose the Springhill Suites North Shore. The staff at this hotel was amazing. I had a very rough week and ended up being somewhat "high maintenance". I needed to print and fax documents, transportation to a few locations, directions, recommendations,, etc. the staff could not have been more helpful and patient!!!! They made this trip successful for me.

The hotel itself is also very nice. I had a king room and was very comfortable the entire time.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here for business one night. Carpet was being replaced in the lobby so things were a bit torn up. A bit expensive considering nothing was going on in the area. Breakfast was average, not as good as other Springhill Suites I've stayed at recently. Adjacent restaurant, Soho, is more like a dark sportsbar but did a fine job on my to-go Caesar wrap. The hotel is directly across from PNC Park so location can't be beat for this. There is a Residence Inn across the large parking lot if you want another option.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
It is a constant concern of ours to always keep our hotel looking fresh and well maintained for our guest's. Certainly wanted to look our best to welcome the new Pittsburgh Pirates season and their fans that follow. Also happy to hear you enjoyed a take out meal from our upscale sports bar that offers a more intimate setting for its customers. Springhill Suites always wants to make sure every stay at all our locations is matched in perfection and we will of course make sure our quality of our breakfast items compares to other properties. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to your next visit with us
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This place usually costs a lot more. My girlfriend and I stayed here because of their proximity to a lot of places we wanted to visit. Wonderful service. Free shuttle. Clean room. Comfy bed. Awesome breakfast (except the bacon).
Staff couldn't have been more accommodating.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joshua K, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Want to thank you for your review of our hotel and your experience with the staff. We understand your travel needs and always want to ensure the best service at the best possible price. Of course your morning here will always be complete with our upscale breakfast buffet and will continue to add and switch up healthy options. Look forward to your next stay with us.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night only. But i loved my stay there.

First the hotel is not very expensive. You get a good bang for your buck. Its in a very good location, near the stadium and a lots of restaurants near by.
Hotel is very near and clean. i liked how they have organized their rooms. The rooms are very spacious. They have a free shuttle service to a few miles close to the hotel which is great. They drop you and pick you up for free!The front desk staff is extremely helpful!!

Just a few things they could improve upon: Could have placed a bottle of drinking water in the fridge. One of the drivers for the shuttle (the african american guy) is very rude. He needs to go.

Over all a great place to stay!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joshua K, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We know how valuable you buck is to you and ensure a comparable and competitive rate when staying with us. As for the positive comments you provided I couldnt have said it better myself. Although we are very disappointed to hear one of our staff members was unable to continue the outstanding customer service we pride ourselves so highly on. We would be very interested in hearing your interaction with the employee so we know where and how to make improvements in that individuals commitment to serving our guests properly. Always feel free to contact us through email or calling the hotel directly. Thanks again for your comments and choosing Springhill Suites North Shore.