“Great Experience”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just got back from a great weekend in Pittsburgh and our stay at the North Shore SpringHill Suites was very satisfying. My husband and I took our first trip to Pittsburgh for a Steelers game and I chose this hotel because for convenience reasons. It was in a prime location – not a bad walk to Heinz Field and downtown over the bridge. Although we rented a car we did not use it all weekend. The hotel shuttle took us to major tourist attractions – i.e. strip district, market square, station square, casino (Keith and Chris were great - so personable and helpful!). We were very pleased with this service. The rooms were clean and simple – all I ask for. While the walls are thin and things get busy and noisy the Saturday before game day, that was to be expected and didn’t bother us much. There is full menu room service (except for game night) from the restaurant downstairs which is passable. Wifi is inconsistent. Breakfast is blah, but will do in a pinch. Skip game day breakfast crowd, as it is crazy. Overall, this was a great hotel for a game weekend and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stay here twice a year...every time we visit Pittsburgh. Service, and cleaning is great, very quiet night's sleep, large rooms and nice included buffet breakfast. Location is perfect for baseball at PNC park and near the football stadium (Heinz Field). Recently remodeled.

Room Tip: We like the no feathers rooms on the eighth floor and the ones on the parking lot side view part of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We met friends here for the weekend and attended the Reds/Pirates Game. It was within walking distance of PNC Park. Also, their shuttle took us wherever we wanted to go and all we had to do was call them and they picked us up without much of a wait. They were all very helpful and courteous. I would very much recommend this hotel. Pittsburgh has a lot to do - the Hop on Hop off bus; Clipper river cruise and we took the Incline to Mt. Washington and had a fabulous dinner with a super view. Also stopped at the casino. The ballpark was great too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It had everything I expect in a hotel- nice and clean, mini fridge, wifi, and a good free breakfast in the morning. Belgian waffle maker! :) Plus there was always free coffee in the lobby, which was a nice touch and I definitely took advantage of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is gorgeous, clean, comfortable and directly across the street from Pirates (PNC) baseball stadium. The rooms are suites with beautiful decorations and furniture. The sink is outside of the bathroom so multiple people can get ready. Shower has good water pressure. The room has flat screen TV, work desk, refrigerator, and extra large couch that folds into extra bed. The hotel manager and staff were extremely accommodating and helpful! They allowed my sister, her husband and 15 month old twins to check in early. Her husband had to fly out early afternoon and everyone was tired due to a lengthy drive from a wedding we had been too. After a stressful afternoon of being lost twice in a less than desirable part of Pittsburgh I finally arrived with the rest of our kids ages 14,11,7. The hotel manager told us not to worry that the hotel van would take us to eat and pick us up so that we did not have to venture out on our own driving. He gave us several locations in town to choose from. The van driver was prompt taking us and picking us up we had a very pleasant evening! The next day the Pirates were playing in town and our flight was not until 8:00 pm. The hotel manager again was awesome! He allowed us to keep our rental cars parked and did not charge us AND he told us the hotel van would take my sister and the girls too and from the science museum while myself and the boys went to the baseball game. I would definitely stay here again! All hotels should be this awesome! (also while at the ballgame I met a couple staying at the same hotel. The husband forgot something he needed. The van driver stopped by a store while taking them to dinner so that he could get what he needed. That's what I call service and very kind!)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Allstarbaseballmom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'm writing this review from room 305 at 3:05 in the morning. My kids and I are spending our first night ever in Pittsburgh and loved this location. Too bad for me I also love sleep. The good: nicely decorated and layed out rooms, good space, free internet, and great location. Haven't had the breakfast yet. The bad: I'm awake because the front desk guy, after telling me they were "pretty dead tonight" (no games tonight) when asking me for a floor preference, put me and my 2 children (younger age 5) in a room right above the bars, and sandwiched us between groups of banging, cursing, yelling, drunk (I presume) men. I was also told he couldn't give me a room with two beds. I've never had that happen, and we travel at least once per season. There's a brown circular stain on the sheets, hairs in the sheets and on the floor, parking was $19, and our desk was dirty. Oh, and the walls are thin; I'm listening to a guy enthusiastically relieve himself in the room next door.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed at this property a couple times on business. Property and rooms were updated and very clean. Service from the time arrived until I left was very good. Very convenient location if you are interested in catching the Pirates, Steelers or even make a trip to the local Casino. Tried a couple restaurants near by which were also very good. I would recommend staying here to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business