“One of ythe best in the country”

University of Pittsburgh
Ranked #31 of 180 things to do in Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just visited in November, to show my Granddaughter around, as she plans to attend Pit when she finishes High School. My father is a PIT alumnus as are several of my cousins, aunts and uncles. I have attended classes at Pit and together my experiences have led to my 5 point rating. GO PANTHERS! P.S. I had Pit Football season Tickets when I lived in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

wvu beat them in basketball, pittsburgh peaple will look down on anyomr from west virginia even at their own place of business

2  Thank fred l
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Sounds like it was just okay. Could you say more? I received my Master's Degree there and most of the Teachers were great. I was disappointed that after all the work I did as well as the expense the graduation ceremony was a farce. A big disappointment to me as well as my guests. Also, I received no help in finding a suitable job after graduation. My degree was of no help at all. In hindsight I would have been better off to have stayed at the job I had before quitting as I was 'moving up'. I wish the professor I talked with gave me good advice and let me know it would be better for me to stay where I was.

1  Thank Arlene S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

When visiting the university there is a lot of things to see and a lot of places to go. Don't forget to stop at the pitt stop to get yourself some pitt gear at a cheaper price while you are visiting the area

Reviewed August 28, 2012

U of Pittsburgh and CMU are colleges in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh. There are MANY amazing buildings all in few block area. The Cathedral of Learning is listed here and has its own tripadvisor link. Then there is Saint Paul's Cathedral within a few blocks. Heinz chapel is a cathedral next to the Cathedral of learning. The Carnegie building across the street is also in the Batman movie. Uber cool. While you are here, head over to crepes parisiennes on Craig street. Tastiest Crepes,and a block away.

They stop serving around 4 or so, so call ahead (I think they are closed on Mondays)