“Unusual Dining Experience!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
McMurray
“Unusual Dining Experience!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This restaurant/brewery is housed in an old church, complete with stained glass windows. The seats are the old pews. Big copper kettles are in the front where the altar used to stand. The food and beer were very good, but I didn't like the "hoppy" smell when I first walked in. After awhile though, you get used to the smell, and if you are a beer afficianado, you won't mind it at all. We went for lunch on a weekday, and it wasn't crowded, so our service was good. Sandwich and fries were good, as was the Angel Beer recommended by our server.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tega Cay, South Carolina
“Cool location”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was a very cool spot to visit. A brewery in an old church? What else can you say? It was very neat! The food was good and so was the variety of beer. Our server was "blah" - wish I had someone else who had better personality considering this was my first time there. Otherwise, a must see place!

Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food and beer in a converted church setting!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Awesome little spot in Pittsburgh to check out. Good beers to chose from and a decent menu selection. Service varies depending on crowds and this place can get very busy on weekends and some weeknights. Parking can be an issue on weekends so beware. Worth a visit and check out the pierogi pizza!

1 Thank Sean G
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Unique location and good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The last few times that I have visited I ordered the pizza that they make there in a brick oven. It's very good. The place is known for brewing its own beer but I usually do not order a beer but that's by choice not because the beer is bad. Over multiple visits over the years, I have liked everything that I have ordered there.

• Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overrated”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've been to the Church Brew Works three times, and will not be going back. I have tried all of their beers, only found one pleasing to the pallet. They are very hoppy- if that is your thing then by all means try it out.

The food is very average. It's not awful, but after sampling several different items, I had yet to find something that would entice me to go back.

Service has always been solid- once you are seated. They do not take reservations, and the people in the greeting area are a bit snobby.

Drink prices for happy hour were pretty decent, food a bit overpriced.

In my book, three strikes and you're out. Crossing this one off the list.

In-depth review here: http://newurbanhipster.com/2014/04/17/church-brew-works/