“Don't believe the hype”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The meats here are ungodly horrible. So they do a great job of masking it with amazing mancini's bread, cole slaw and French fries...I mean after that what's not to like. It is average at best, but it is the only thing idiots from out of town have heard of. Do yourself a favor and try Peppi's Sub shop they are all over town too, and do a much better job of making a true sandwich. Isn't that the real reason why you went in the first place?

1  Thank louiscarl23
There are newer reviews for Primanti Brothers

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been going to Primanti Bros for the last few years now and I have got to say this, the quality and service has gone way down. I used to love this place and their sandwiches and wings were outstanding, however on my most recent trip their I learned that they had changed their menu items. This I can kinda understand however you should put on your menu that things are new or have changed as long timers do not know this. I ordered a sandwhich and 5 wings like I always have and when I got my food I was looking at the dried up burnt piece's of chicken wings that were liked grilled chicken with a bone in them and asked my server what this was? She said it was the wings I ordered and I said I thought I ordered the Authentic buffalo breaded wings and she was like oh yeah that changed these are new we dont have those any more, and the wing sauce I got for the side (Spicy Ranch) no longer have that either. They DO NOT HAVE BBQ CHICKEN BOWL EITHER in case you were looking for that as well. Just poor poor overall just poor, I would recommend going to wings suds and spuds or even just pizza hut next door and thats sad to say because I loved this place.

3  Thank AceRecruiter
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I walked up from the Heinz Center because of the media reputation. The service was matter of fact and the food sandwich was different but not worth the walk or hype

Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was a pretty average sports bar (Carson St. location). The sandwiches were HUGE and lots of different varieties. Better than average food but maybe overhyped.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

we were not impressed at all with this diner...I heard the one downtown was much better.....I hope so because this one was probably average to below average....we might try downtown next year but won't be a must do on our list