“Order your huge sandwich, pay cash and stay out of the way”
Review of Primanti Bros.

Primanti Bros.
Ranked #18 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Strip District
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! The Original Location from 1933! Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Toronto, Canada
“Order your huge sandwich, pay cash and stay out of the way”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Primanti Bros. is the kind of place that appears to have earned its reputation over years of serving huge, fresh sandwiches to the city’s masses regardless of the hour (it’s open for twenty-four of them) or stripe of patron (although I see it as a more blue collar, sports fan kind of place with the average diner being an off duty cop, taxi driver or Archie Bunker). Which is why it’s OK that the place looks a little dumpy and only takes cash. But who cares? The food is fun and the smart-alecky staff are entertaining to watch. You will have a hard time finishing a complete sandwich yourself unless you are really hungry. Rather than the usual sub sandwich offerings, Primanti takes a different approach with regular, freshly cut loaf bread stuffed to the rafters with your choice of meats and cheeses. Then, they add their signature coleslaw and a handful of French fries on top before pressing it all together. Not knowing this, I ordered four for two adults and two children and was advised to keep my hand under the bottom of the take-out bag due to the weight. Yikes! When I got back to the hotel, we managed to finish two and a bit of the sandwiches that night and then put them in the fridge. The next morning, we had a few more bites and that was it. We could have easily split two of them. If you are a big hungry guy and it’s late, this is your place.

Bardstown, Kentucky
“Been there, done that”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

So you read about this sandwich and there is all this hype and history to it. Leave it at that. I truly found it gross. I had actually tried it once before at the location in Crafton with the Kielbasa. White bread, kielbasa, cole slaw, tomato slices, french fries and I'm told cheese although I didn't notice it. It was huge, hard to eat and the flavors don't go together at all. So when my parents came to town, my mom wanted to try it so after shopping on the strip we went. This place only has the sandwiches, so I had no other choice but to try it again. I looked at the menu and it said the Cheese steak was the 2nd most popular so I went with it. When it came I immediately took off the tomatoes and at least this sandwich I was able to pick up. The "steak" was a thick slice of I don't know what, with cheese again I'm told was there, but I have no proof. The fries were bland. I just don't get why anyone would come back for this.

1 Thank Kate T
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Pittsburgh Classic and a MUST”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had always heard about Primanti Brothers and I had to see it (and eat it) for myself. Really cool vibe - authentic Burgh. The sandwich was awesome....what could go wrong with fries ON TOP of the meat! Washed it down with a couple of ice cold Iron City beers. Even wore my Ravens shirt in there without too much hassle from the home crowd! GO THERE!

Visited October 2013
Charleston, WV
“I LOVE Primanti's!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I used to live in Pittsburgh and ate at Primanti Bros at least once a week. But it had been 15 long years since my most-recent visit. WOW! It's still wonderful, unique, and very very tasty!

The servings were huge, and the price was very affordable. Service was quick and friendly. What more could you ask for??

I ordered the cheesesteak (tastes like a hamburger) and topped it with lots of Trappey's Hot Sauce (available at the table). My daughter ordered the cheese fries, a whoppingly large order absolutely SMOTHERED in tasty cheese sauce. Total was just over $10. Wow.

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Original Primanti Brothers of Pittsburgh”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After an exciting hockey game at the CONSOL Energy Center, myself and the kiddos decided to goto the original Primanti Brothers in Pittsburgh in the " strip " neighborhood not far from PNC Park and Heinz Field. Has Pittsburgh décor inside, as well as some of the original flare from back in the day. Some old photos restrooms are in lower level.
Serve beer and mixers as well as soda. Great menu of sandwiches home of the Original Pittsburgh Sandwich which is pastrami, coleslaw, fries, tomato, cheese, all piled on two thick slices of Italian bread with option of fried egg yum. Pretty much all the sandwiches are made this way. Excellent food, great service. You may have to wait to sit, inside or out but well worth the wait.
Open 24 hours a day, affordable and was featured on Adam Richman " Best American Sandwich " shows.

Next time you are in Pittsburgh ( many locations ) or Grove City ( by the Prime Outlets ), PA check them out. But you have to hit the original at least once.

Enjoy, fun for the whole family. and did I mention yummy.