“It's okay”

Ranked #19 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Strip District
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! The Original Location from 1933! Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's okay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm glad I can check this restaurant off my list, but I won't be back. The food's nothing special, but the locals are friendly and fun to talk to.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michelle N

“What a fantastic restaurant!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great example of American food, came from the UK, was in the US for 3 months this was the first restaurant I went to. Set a benchmark! Class food!

• Visited July 2013
Palm Springs, California
“A must experience when in De'Burgh!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are visiting Pittsburgh...you have to try Primanti Brothers!! It's unique and totally Pittsburgh. Where else can ya find a sandwich with French Fry's on it?!! It sounds weird but actually is a awesome sandwich! Try it!

• Visited September 2013
Parker, Colorado
“A Pittsburgh tradition”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Before going to Pittsburgh several people said that eating at Primanti Brothers was a must. When my friends and I found the restaurant, we were excited to try their "only in Pittsburgh" cuisine. A burger with the entire meal on it - I should say a burger with fries and cole slaw all in one. One of my friends said she didn't want the cole slaw on hers, but the waitress insisted that you couldn't order this sandwich without the slaw. I personally thought the slaw was the best part of the burger and she really didn't mind it once she tasted it. It was a huge all in one meal and was surprisingly good. We had a quirky waitress who made the evening a lot of fun.

• Visited September 2013
WV
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I guess it was okay but I wouldn't go back. The service was good and the place is definitely worth seeing since it is the original Primanti Brothers. We saw it on the Travel Channel and went to check it out. Sandwich was loaded with toppings but still was not at all flavorful. Just do not understand how it is so popular.

• Visited April 2013