“Pitts'burger sandwich was delish!”

Primanti Bros. (Oakland)
Ranked #191 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Oakland
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Tega Cay, South Carolina
“Pitts'burger sandwich was delish!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Was told that this was the place to eat when visiting Pittsburgh. Small restaurant with limited seating but the food was great! A sandwich with french fries and cole slaw on Italian bread - loved it!

Visited June 2014

Ohio
“Good sandwich for sharing”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant, easy going and quick service. The wait staff was very helpful and patient with us trying to determine what we wanted. The sandwiches are packed with meat, coleslaw and french fries on the sandwich. My friend and I shared one, and still did not finish the entire thing.

Visited June 2014
Lancaster, PA
“Glad We Went”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We didn’t want to leave Pittsburgh without visiting the legendary Primanti Brothers deli. We stopped at the location closest to the University of Pittsburgh campus for dinner one evening. The place is loud and hot and everything feels of grease. Stickiness abounds. Our very cordial and accommodating waiter gave us the first-timers treatment by saying that you basically pick your meat and your cheese and they throw French fries and coleslaw on the sandwich as well. At our table we tried the Pittsburgher, a cheeseburger, ff and coleslaw sandwich, and I had a corned beef, cheese, ff and coleslaw sandwich. We had no complaints about the quality of the food except that the coleslaw tended to dominate the flavor. As you might expect, the sandwiches are very thick and sloppy but if you go in understanding that as we did, it doesn’t get in the way of a fun experience.

I wouldn’t rush back for a second experience, but I’m really glad that we stopped in and I would recommend that if you’re planning a trip to Pittsburgh, you should make it a point to visit Primanti Brothers for a unique take on a deli sandwich.

• Visited June 2014
Carlisle, PA
“Awww.....”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I had such high hopes for Primanti Bros sandwich. But sadly, it wasn't a life changing experience, it was just a sandwich on spongy white bread with fries on top. (The fries were way underdone, nearly raw) It was a great restaurant though, I liked the room a lot, and the patio looked very nice. I'm sad, I really wanted it to be a fantastic thing. Oh well..

Visited May 2014
San Francisco, California
“A Pittsburgh thing!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Was in town for a wedding at PITT and had to stop in for a traditional tasty meal. We all had the Pitts-burger which was served on a huge white Italian bread, loaded with fries and cole slaw. It's not something I usually eat but it is a thing to do while in Pittsburgh. It was my husband and son's first time and they thought it was tasty. In the past, I remember the sandwiches to be more meatier. The prices are reasonable and location is close to PITT/UPMC. Service was fine.Overall, it's part of the Burg culture and a must to do. Will probably come back to Primantis again.

• Visited June 2014