“Fun and quick but not fine dining”

Primanti Bros. (Oakland)
Ranked #219 of 2,222 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Oakland
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Okay no one goes to Primanti Brothers for fine dining. It was fast, fun and well if you like your sandwiches buried in cole slaw and soggy french fries...turns out to NOT be my cup of tea as it were...the Italian bread could NOT have been more boring as well.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've heard mixed reviews but thought we had to try it while in the city. I got the pastrami and my wife got the pittsburger. I thought the pastrami was much better than the burger. The bread was great in holding the sandwich together and the cole slaw was more of a vinegar base but really tasty. Would eat here again if i could. They had beer on tap as well.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

A Primanti sandwich is a one of a kind meal in a sandwich that must be experienced. Your selected sandwich comes with cole slaw and french fries on it, although some people (me) prefer to enjoy the fries and/or slaw on the side. We went for a Steeler game on TV, and the atmosphere was electric! Their pizza is $1 a slice during the game, too!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was visiting Pitt with my father, and on the way home we decided to stop by Primanti Brothers because we knew this place is a Pittsburgh classic. The atmosphere was nice, and the servers were eager to help us, but I didn't care too much for the sandwich itself. Sure, it was neat trying something unique to Pittsburgh, but as far as quality and taste are concerned, I wasn't too impressed. I would probably give it another try however; Primanti Brothers certainly wasn't awful, but it wasn't incredible either.

1  Thank cmsgreek
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Traditional Pittsburgh food - you've gotta try it! Gigantic Sandwiches and a great relaxed atmosphere