“Good sandwiches - my expectations were higher”

Primanti Bros. (Oakland)
Ranked #214 of 2,187 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Oakland
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sandwiches are good and the bread is great. I'm a little surprised the sandwiches are rated so high by the Travel Channel. It's worth stopping by when your in Pittsburgh, but not worth a special trip.

There are newer reviews for Primanti Bros. (Oakland)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have heard about this place both on the food shows and then the locals while here in Pittsburgh (on business). Had to try it. Well, I love fresh bread. I love coleslaw. I love fries. Smash all of the former onto some meat and, voila, you've got a Primanti's sandwich. I loved it. The flavor was good. The concept even better. Loved the atmosphere and the server walked us through what we could order or expect. I want to try it again but looking to try the pastrami.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

No fuss, no frills sandwiches delivered on white paper. Huge selection and a very generous portion! Absolutely delicious!

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Volleyball tournament at convention center and staying at a nearby hotel provided us the opportunity to go TWICE...... this place rocks. Great bread...fresh, could eat the whole loaf with a big stick of butter. But let's not forget the French fries they put on the sandwich....loved those and the coleslaw.....yum. We just wish we had more time try more of them but now I at least know one place I'll eat when I go back to Pittsburgh..... Oh, we did the shop in the strip district...it's the original one!

S.Camlin, Reading Pa

Reviewed May 23, 2013

this local favorite makes food fun. A twist on the sandwich with local history behind it, Who doesn't like fries with their sandwich.