“Staple of Pittsburgh”

Ranked #206 of 2,205 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Central Oakland
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Can't go to Pittsburgh without experiencing a Primanti Brothers sandwich. They're not for the faint of heart or the diet conscious, but they're fun and unique..

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place is a legend and everyone who goes to Pitt says you have to eat there. All sandwiches and I mean all are topped with french fries and cole slaw. We had the cheesesteaks and the jumbo fish. Both were surprisely good (although I dont know if I'd ever eat another one). IT says the cheese steak is the second best seller on the menu and when we asked what was the first the waiter said - Beer. That explains it all.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were visiting our daughter on campus and my husband wanted to try the "world famous" sandwiches.
The restaurant was crowed when we got there. That's a sign--in my opinion--that the food is good. The counterperson was very nice and explained the menu. My husband was hesitant at first to have cole slaw and fries on a sandwich, but ordered it anyway. The order did not take long at all. Our drinks were constantly re-filled.
Would recommend!

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff was the best part of this experience. Food was cheap and just OK. Waitresses was delightful...... sandwiches at Fatheads were far superior.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

we heard about this place and decided to try it,because everyone we met in Pittsburgh recommended it.this was the hughest sandwich I have ever seen seems like it had every thing on it except the kitchen sink,lol.i had the beef pastrami and my friend had steak,it had lettuce,tomatoes,pickles,cole slaw,fries and more.i could only eat half and the price was okay.

1  Thank beverley d