“Great value room in Shadyside”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Friendship Suites

Friendship Suites
“Great value room in Shadyside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I came for a short trip to Pittsburg and I wanted to stay in Shadyside due to it's great location, shopping, and dining. Friendship suites was exactly what I was looking for. Mr. Cox went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. I even got a personal tour of shadyside since I was visiting on my own. I would definitely recommend Friendship Suites to anyone traveling to Pittsburg. I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've stayed at the Friendship Suites twice in the past 6 weeks, about a week each time, and I'll never stay anywhere else in Pittsburgh. I first chose Friendship Suites because of it's location close to Lawrenceville and Shadyside. The place is not fancy, but it's comfort and cleanliness supercede many of the 4- and 5-star hotels I've stayed in. And I travel frequently.

My one bedroom suite was comfortable and convenient and the kitchenette enabled me to have home-cooking as it gets very old to eat all meals in restaurants. The place was very clean from the wall decor, to the windows, to the baseboards. Safety and security are paramount when I travel alone and the electronic entrance ensured such.

I highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed at the Friendship Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank zsavoy
grosse pointe michigan usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Friendship Suites were an absolutely blessing to the three of us traveling from Michigan to celebrate a friend's retirement. The owner was literally there to greet us and show us to our lovely two bedroom apartment. We enjoyed the location, safety and cleanliness of Friendship Suites and plan to return in the near future.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartment in building #3 was a dream come true.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was in Pittsburgh to assist a friend's move to Washington DC. Since the movers had packed the apartment for the move, we needed a place for an overnight stay. I've stayed @Friendship several times before. So I told her I would take care of the overnight stay. We stayed in a 1 bdroom in building 3. Wonderful room. The apartment was clean and quiet with everything that we needed. The neighborhood also had everything within walking distance..... Whole Foods & Starbucks and a neaby Giant Eagle. The owner, Bob Cox was so nice and easy to reach if needed. And it's wonderful to support a locally owned business. Friendship is truly a bargain with all the bang for your buck!!! Bob thanks for your hospitality!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were in Pittsburgh for the first time celebrating our nephews graduation from Medical school. It was a large family gathering and the accommodations were perfect for our needs. In the evening we could meet in a large family room after we put the little ones to bed. Would not have been possible in a hotel. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

All 12 of us including 4 children under 6 could not have been more comfortable at the Friendship Suites. We filled 4 rooms from the spectacular 2 bedroom suite where we gathered for meals to a spacious 'efficiency' room. The children loved exploring the secret doors, stairs and hallways. Mr Cox accommodated our parking needs with garage door openers and off street space along the side of the house. Because we were returnees we knew to bring our own tea, coffee, and we shopped for easy meal prep, so essential with small children. The Suites location in a residential neighborhood is much more appealing than a big commercial hotel. We felt truly welcomed and cared for at Friendship Suites. Look forward to returning on our next trip to Pittsburgh.

Plhilly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wonderful room, good security and lots of space. The real find was the restaurant "A Pinch of Salt" within easy walking distance. So we have a 200 character minimum here Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah ect ect ect. We will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple