“Wonderful suite”
Review of Friendship Suites

Friendship Suites
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Friendship Suites with my parents and one-year-old for several days. Mr. Cox was very accommodating by adding a twin bed and playpen in the living room. Having a separate room with the queen bed was a perfect setup for all of us; my baby could nap in the other room during the day. We enjoyed having the small kitchen for quick meals. Our heater didn't work one night but when we contacted Mr. Cox he resolved it immediately. He called our room to check if everything was fine after we arrived, and made himself available for any questions or needs.

Room Tip: Bring your hair dryer if you need one! Full kitchen, but the basics (salt/pepper/coffee, etc.) aren...

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm the friend of Mike A. who falls closer to the flat broke side of things, so naturally I've been pinching pennies lately. If you want a comfortable night's sleep in a clean, spacious environment without breaking the bank, then consider booking with the Suites (trust me, it's cheaper than what any nearby hotel chain was offering). I couldn't have been more pleased with the Suites and the owner, Mr. Cox, could not have been any more helpful or accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Earlier this month my friends and I set out on a cross state trip that ended in the Friendship Suites. Now we as a group fall somewhere in the area of broke and flat broke, so finding the Friendship Suites was a godsend. For the same price as the nearby Holliday Inn we got a Suite that had a queen bed and two twin beds. We also go a complimentary parking spot, a living room with three couches and cable (I think it was DirectTV), a full kitchen, and a dining room. We also had private entrance right by our parking spot. The Suite itself was very clean and had a full bathroom with HOT water, which is something that is a necessity for me. The Suites are located about a mile from the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh which was right across the street from the place we saw the concert. I would highly recommend The Suites to anybody who is staying in the pittsburgh area for any amount of time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mike a
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My teenage son and I stayed at the Friendship Suites for two nights on a spring break college tour that included Carnegie-Mellon.

We were so glad we found this place! It's a short (5-minute) drive to C-M, and such a comfortable, homey place for a base camp.

We flew into Pittsburgh on the evening of Easter Sunday, so I wasn't sure if any stores or restaurants would be open for us to pick up dinner & groceries. When I e-mailed Robert Cox, the proprietor, beforehand to ask about this, he very kindly offered to pick up a few staples for us & leave them in our room. As it turned out, I learned that the nearby Whole Foods would be open till 8 pm, so we were fine, but I was surprised & pleased by this level of service.

We never met Mr. Cox, but he was still very attentive. The one-bedroom suite we rented was spotlessly clean & well appointed. He also called us the morning after our arrival to ask if everything was okay. We'd found the suite quite hot the night before & had been unable to find a thermostat to adjust the temperature. He assured us he'd see to it, and when we came back that afternoon after a day of campus tours, it was noticeably cooler & more comfortable in the apartment. (Turns out an elderly guest who ran cold had occupied the room before us, and he'd adjusted the temperature for that person -- again, just very attentive to all his guests!)

We felt very safe in the apartment, heard almost no noise from our neighbors, and loved having a full kitchen & a real living room to have our meals in & hang out in the evenings.

If my kid is lucky enough to get into Carnegie-Mellon, we will definitely make the Friendship Suites our go-to lodgings for visits. It would also be wonderful for a more long-term stay.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were searching for a place to stay on late notice and discovered the Friendship Suites through a university web site. We feel very fortunate to have done so because the 2BR unit we stayed in was perfect with respect to location and amenities. Plus, the unit was roomy and very comfortable - an apartment really. And, we had a private off-street parking space, which was much appreciated because of our late arrival. Service is outstanding. We initially booked a 1BR suite due to the short nature of our visit and I planned to use a roll-away bed, but Robert very graciously provided an upgrade to the 2BR. I highly recommend Friendship Suites.

1  Thank Tomas01Reston
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We came in quite late & I was worried but parking and getting to Suite 3 was just as Robert had e-mailed us. Suite 3 had a small living room and kitchen up-stairs and a queen bed and bath downstairs. Steps were steep and bath was small but it was very comfortable and such an excellent location -- near downtown and all the schools and medical center. We will certainly reserve when in Pittsburgh again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Friendship suites. We are not the typical visitors, taking 3 rooms and staying just for a few nights, but Robert makes us feel very welcome (even though we arrived far too early). The rooms are very comfortable and full of character, and it is great to have so much room. There are many excellent bars and restaurants within walking distance, and a classic diner for breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business