“My daughter insisted on taking me out to breakfast ”
Review of Square Cafe

Square Cafe
Ranked #98 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual, fun, fresh, dog & family friendly
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This place is in her neighborhood and she said I'd get a better meal for the road home than the free breakfast at the hotel. Yup. Creative menu. Friendly staff. Colorful and cheerful decor. And good food at reasonable prices.

Sherree G, Owner at Square Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks so much for making our cafe your breakfast spot before hitting the road.
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our space and our food.

Come back when you in town. We kind of like to create 'long distance' relationships! ;)

Reviewed December 28, 2017

Located near Regents Square, this small cafe is very popular for breakfast and lunch and is known for its pancakes. It gets pretty crowded and there can be a wait for the limited seating. The place was packed when we went on a Saturday for lunch with everyone from twenty somethings to families with young kids. The food was all excellent and reasonable priced. Worth the visit!

Sherree G, Owner at Square Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Thanks Ed Z, we appreciate the love. The last couple weeks of December and into January are our busiest weeks of the year.
we definitely try to move quickly so guests don't have to wait to long
Happy New Year and thanks for sharing your review

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

We parked our moving truck (moving my, son from CMU to Boston) outside, and although the restaurant was packed we were seated in only minutes. The service was friendly and welcoming. The menu had many options from vegan, vegetarian, to many meat options. The portions were lumberjack size and very tasty. They even gave is 2 coffees to go without asking us - I loved that touch.

We will come again, when we will return for the CMU graduation.

Excellent, glad to have you in the city.
Thanks for sharing such a great review. We look forward to seeing you at the cafe during your Pittsburgh visits

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

Wow! What can I say! This place is awesome! Food is fantastic. My daughter is Celiac and they have the best gluten free pancakes (or any pancakes as far as that goes) I have ever had. All the food we ate was first class! Fantastic waiter. Thanks for everything! This is our new favorite place to eat!

Sherree G, Owner at Square Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

YAY!!!!!
Thanks a million times for such a great review! We do our best to offer a wide selection for everyones needs.
If you have a chance, we would love to know who your server was. Our staff is excellent and we appreciate all that they do. Feel free to email me a description or if you have your receipt the servers name should be noted at the top. Sherree@square-cafe.com
Happy Holidays

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Favorite breakfast spot in Pittsburgh!!!! We knew we stumbled on to a winner when we pulled up to the restaurant and the line was pouring out onto the sidewalk. We figured the food must be good with such a long line and almost left thinking the wait would be too long. The host told us the wait would be about 20 minutes and he was almost exact in his timing. So glad we waited!!

The place itself is very bright and cheery. Very colorful, interesting and locally sourced artwork. I knew I was in the right place when I saw the staff wearing T-shirts that said "Love Each Other" with unicorns and rainbow artwork.

Now on the the food - First of all it came out extraordinarily fast, cooked to perfection and prepared just the way I asked. I had eggs, homefries & Italian Chicken Sausage (which was amazing). For the table we shared the Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, which were out of this world and the Brussel Sprout bowl which was superb!

Everything was amazing and the staff was excellent. Also, they serve a bottomless cup of Joe for $2.80 AND they will give you a to-go cup, which was greatly appreciated as we were making the long drive back to the Philadelphia area after brunch.

If you are looking for a delicious, reasonably priced meal in a beautiful, warm and accepting space, Square Cafe is your place. Can't wait to go back!