“Great food and terrific milkshakes!”
Review of Square Cafe

Square Cafe
Ranked #91 of 2,187 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual, fun, fresh, dog & family friendly
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I loved my first experience here this past weekend. My mom and I went at lunch time but still had the option to order breakfast food and we did. I had the Brussels sprouts hash which I read several reviews on and a Mama Said milkshake. Both were delicious! My mom had their famous crepes with Nutella and her choice of a sliced banana and coffee. She enjoyed hers as well. The service was fast and friendly. Be prepared to wait because the cafe is very small and busy but worth it!

1  Thank AMarie525
sherree g, Owner at Square Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thanks so much for coming in and for posting such a nice comment. Come back soon!

There are newer reviews for Square Cafe

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

It is absolutely wonderful food here, fresh and tasty. The only trouble is this restaurant staff doesn't generally understood English well, so you can expect wrong order and bill here. We came to eat here twice.

1  Thank Yang D
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Checked this place out last weekend with my friend who lives in the area. The inside is bright and cheerful--positive energy all around, I think. The staff were very friendly and genuine. The menu has a great mix of standard fare and unique choices for more adventurous eaters. Their lattes are famous--I wish I could remember the name of mine--Queen Anne or something. Anyway, it was made with dark chocolate and cayenne. Not really sweet, which is what I loved most, and packed a punch. I'm actually craving one right now...
I'm not going to spell out the menu---it's got everything you can think of as far as breakfast/brunch/lunch is concerned. Be sure to check out their specials. It's not mind-blowing, but it's a very solid choice. One of those places that folks would consider a staple. Everything tastes fresh and yummy.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Have eaten here at least a half a dozen times. Always good food and service.
Usually do breakfast food, and really like the variety of choices. You can go all out with pancakes, waffles, bacon, etc or do the healthy thing with all egg whites, chicken apple sausage, and fruit.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We live in the neighborhood and have been three or four times, and are very aware it is popular and always packed on the weekends . . . we just don't know why. We specialize in breakfast, love breakfast, have worked at several bed and breakfasts, so maybe we expect too much . . . My husband and I have had a variety of options from the menu, and aren't impressed. The food here is ok at best, usually pretty tasteless, sometimes kind of gross, and expensive for what you get. Coffee is ok. Everyone is nice that works here, I can say that.