“great place”

All India Restaurant
Ranked #955 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place is great. I'm a vegetarian so I can't comment on the meat dishes, but the vegetarian chili is one of the best Indian dishes I've ever had. The other veg dishes are good, but that one's on another level. They have on tuesday 50% off. specials and a nice buffet too. The decor is nice-- they play Indian music videos, it's a fun atmosphere good for late night similar to the other restaurants in the area.this may fav place now

1  Thank jack782

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I love Indian food and whenever I get the chance I try out new places. All India was on my list and finally got the time to come eat here. They have a huge buffet for lunch and you can sample many differant items which are on there dinner menu. First of all I am not a big fan of buffets but in this instance all the reviews i read praised there buffet. So I started off with the pakoras, they were stale probably from the night before the tandoori chicken was very dry and inedible really and the naan was dry like crackers. I don't consider myself a expert in Indian food but from my past experiances in many differant restaurants i do know for sure that this buffet/restaurant falls short of anything close to what Indian food is supposed to taste like.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Wow what a fresh buffet with a bunch of choices. There were only a few I have tried before so the variety was refreshing! I'll be back!

1  Thank jeffarose
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The menu was very extensive and inviting with a huge variety, and we had a hard time deciding what to try. We finally chose chana masala, palak paneer, malai kofta, onion dosa, sambar soup, mulligawawny soup, and a bread basket.

The pros: One reviewer commented that the food wasn't oily or over salted and I agree. It was a welcome change from many Indian restaurants. The spinach was a nice healthy appetizing green and not overcooked. The rice was nice and buttery. The restaurant is attractive, and the service was friendly and unrushed. The price was not too expensive.

The cons: However, I found the flavor to be so mild as to be almost non-existent. Not only was our #4 and #5 hotness level so weak that our friend (who ordered a zero level) could eat it, but it was lacking in the usual blend of Indian spices. None of the dishes we ordered had much flavor. And that, unfortunately was the deal-breaker, and could not make up for the pros. And I was certainly disappointed after getting my hopes up from such a nice selection on the menu.

1  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We very much enjoyed our visit to All India. The restaurant is decorated beautifully and very well kept. Our server, whose name is Ten, was attentive, helpful, and friendly. We ordered both South and North dishes and especially enjoyed the absolutely perfectly crafted and cooked Uthapam with sambar and two varieties of chutney. The seasoning profile of our meals was delicate, nicely balanced with richer elements and spices prepared to our preferences, and dinner presentation was wonderful. We also appreciated that the food was neither oily or over salted. We could certainly tell attention is paid to every detail here. If our stay in Pittsburgh allowed for more time we definitely would have returned to try their many offerings from the buffet as well as ordered more delicious South Indian items such as Dosa and idli Vada. Prices are very fair for the portions, high quality, and experience. We would definitely return and highly recommend!

1  Thank SeeingWhatsNext