“Hippy Veg Food”
Review of Quiet Storm Coffeehouse - CLOSED

Quiet Storm Coffeehouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Quiet Storm, est. 2001, is Pittsburgh's favorite vegetarian & vegan cafe, serving breakfast, lunch & dinner daily. Award-winning Sunday brunch. Large vegan pastry selection. Killer milkshakes. Full-service catering. BYOB. Ample on-street parking. Best of Pittsburgh 4 years running!
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you're vegan in Pittsburgh, then QS is one of the few options for brunch. As such, I appreciate the hell out of it. It's not the best food I've had, but it ain't the worst either (most of it is pretty damn good, but I cannot, in good conscience, recommend the tofu scramble). It's eclectic decor and adorable staff foster a laid-back veggie diner atmosphere that is pure Pittsburgh. Also, the cinnamon rolls they sell made by My Goodies Bakery are fabulous.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We used to love the Quiet Storm. For years we were there once a week for brunch. The food quality have varied, going up and down sharply in quality over the years, very inconsistent, but there are very few places to get vegetarian and vegan cuisine in the area.

If you have children in tow, be advised that you will not be allowed to sit in the front of the establishment. We surmised that children aren't hip enough to be seen in public. But a sleeping, drooling, homeless man not paying a dime for services is welcome to occupy a table for free during peak times!

Oh well, what a sad loss. It's truly a shame.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm not a big fan of vegetables, but my daughter is a vegetarian, so we thought we'd give the Quiet Storm a try while in Pittsburgh for a weekend. It's a neat place, a little rough around the edges but tidy (and I found the restrooms to be clean, unlike previous review). Service was good and what you would expect in a place like this (cue cool young dude with facial hair). Food was very good, and the milkshakes made up for any loss I had by not having meat as an entree. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

road trips are scary for vegans and i was so pleased to find this place. near to the zoo, which is where i was...the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was fun. very very pleased. they even gave me a bag of ice so that i could take a sandwich with me for dinner, knowing that my options on the road would not be great. sooooooo good

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I was there a year or two ago and the vegan shakes were outstanding . This last trip they did not have them. Service was uninspired and the vegan dishes well seasoned and spotty in their cocsistentcy. Still like it but they are not trying very hard to please the customer