“Perfect fish sandwich”

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect fish sandwich”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm born and bred Pittsburgh Catholic girl so I've eaten at least 500 fish sandwiches in the Pittsburgh area, and the one I had at La Gondola topped them all. It was a baked fish fillet rather than fried so it was not greasy like many other ones. The bread was nicely toasted and the sandwich had fresh lettuce and tomato and along with cheese. I ordered the half sandwich and I was barely able to finish it. The bonus for me is their pizza is my five year old daughter's favorite in Pittsburgh.

• Visited August 2013

“Great little surprise!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped in just to get our son a slice of pizza and my husband and I decided to share a rigatoni dinner. I am so glad we did. The salad was made fresh with olives, peppers and ripe tomatoes. It came with crunchy garlic toast. The sauce for the rigatoni was wonderful, definitely homemade with a good dose of olive oil. I make my own sauce so I am pretty picky and this was really good! The service was great, very friendly and quick. I would definitely stop back!

• Visited July 2013
South Jersey
“Mediocre pizza. Horrifically rude owner.”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

How difficult is a slice of cheese pizza? Stopped here during a conference lunch break, ordered a slice, and was disappointed. Soggy crust, bland sauce. Friends sharing the table with food from an adjoining restaurant were treated to a "this table is ONLY for our customers!" harangue, overlooking the customer eating the soggy, bland slice of La Gondola pizza at-- yes, you guessed it-- the same table.

If you're trying to wean yourself off pizza, or enjoy rude and berating treatment from the proprietor, by all means.. give it a whirl. Otherwise, walk a block for better fare and the same "people watching" on Market Square.