“A unique find”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was unique and delicious, fresh and hot. Service was great, the waitress was friendly. It was a small, but very cozy comfortable environment. A great place for a special occasion.

There are newer reviews for 17th Street Cafe

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The atmosphere is classy yet homey. The menu is very unique, service is friendly and quick! The best food I have eaten in years--cannot wait to go back and bring my friends!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We walked from our hotel to find dinner on the Southside and were delighted to have found the 17th Street Cafe. It seemed crowded and a little noisy upon entry, but we were quickly seated and the noise level soon disappated. We had one of their Wednesday night wine specials and found the Cabernet to be quite good for the price. The food was delicious, especially enjoyed their interpretation of Italian Wedding soup. We had a pasta dish and the Asiago Pillows, they were delicious. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Will be sure to return on a future trip to Pittsburgh.

2  Thank Michele1147
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been there several times and every time I go it is a wonderful experience. The service is excellent, the food is to die for, and the atmosphere is very cozy and enjoyable.

2  Thank Kelci M
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband have decided that this is out absolute favorite restaurant in Pgh! Food is always spectacular and service is fantastic!!! Don't forget to try the scallops Renaldo, the pillows, and the caprese salad! BE SURE to take home a bottle or two of their house balsamic vinegarette! It is honestly the best salad dressing I've ever had! And at a very good price! Also, as a side note, I've never had a more perfectly cooked scallop than I've had here!

1  Thank JMBandi