“great food, just like I like it”
Review of Mad Mex Shadyside

Mad Mex Shadyside
Ranked #148 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food was great. I have tofu taco's it was great every time I went. I even had a tofu burrito it was great. I can't say enough about this restaurant. The service was pleasant and not pesky . I was able to bring my infant and wife and enjoy my meal. The chip with the 3 dipping sauce was the best and held my attention .Until my meal came. It was all delicious.

1  Thank cwriseup

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had to find a place to watch world cup soccer games and this was the place. They had a great tv and projector setup for watching from the bar with excellent options, great food and good service. Highly recommend it for anyone in the area.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Took my son here for his birthday on Memorial Day. Other places were closed as it was a Monday and I am glad that they were closed. I'm up there in age and I told my son that the enchilada was the best I had ever eaten. Everyone really enjoyed their meal. The beers were great as was the service. Best Mexican food ever! I only wish that it wasn't ten hours away.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

It's not authentic Mexican, but it's good food and not too expensive. The burritos are huge and we usually end up taking half home. The chips with guacamole are delicious. There's a large selection of craft beers and the margaritas are fun and not too weak (not overly strong, just right).

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Great variety of yummy food. But out waiter was "too cool" to be nice. He slammed our drinks and food on the table. Didnt return to check if food was ok til we were done. A negative in otherwise enjoyable restaurant. Food was so good we will try it again sometime