“A Pittsburgh Institution”

Primanti Bros. (Harmarville)
Ranked #187 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Forest Hill
“A Pittsburgh Institution”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We visited Pittsburgh for a Pirates game at PNC Park and stopped at this location on our way out of town the next day. It was the best part of our trip--the Pirates lost to the Dodgers in game 1 of their series. (We should have gone to game 2 of the series.) My boys had eaten at the Oakland location a few years back and we had terrible service, actually down right mean service, so they didn't remember eating a Primanti Brothers sandwich. They really enjoyed their visit to this location and they all ordered roast beef sandwiches. All proclaimed them delicious. I ordered the Pastrami and it was also excellent. A great value and our server was not mean.

• Visited July 2014

Aspinwall
“Will be going back”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I enjoy going to the Harmar Primantis whether it's to sit on their patio or for take out. I was just there the other day and our server was polite, efficient and helpful with my dairy allergy. We enjoyed a drink and my husband got his usual Pittsburgher and I tried the Caribbean salad. All in all a great experience.

• Visited June 2014
Cheswick, Pennsylvania
“This Place Should Close”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Let me just start by saying that if you visit ANY other of their locations, you will probably like it. And if you visit any City (Pittsburgh) location, espcially the one in the Oakland/Pitt Campus section, this chain is impossible to not love. It is, in fact, one of my all time favorites. However.....because this particular one is in my actual neighborhood, I have given it 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th chance benefit of the doubt, and have never enjoyed the food, the service, the wait,m the seating, nothing. Never has a guest that has come along with me, been satisfied. And NO, i have no vendetta, but strongly believe that this place is ruining a legacy. I could tell many stories, but i will take the high road and tell you to avoid this lousy location and pick another. Primanti Owners take note; This place is ruining your fine reputation, Change the culture here or close this location.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank stevekaz6
Angola, New York
“Sports Bar”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Sports bar type place. Established in Pittsburgh abt 1933 with a dozen restaurants in Pennsylvania and a few out of state including FL. Pizza, Pasta, Hamburgers, and good variety of other foods on menu. Some signature sandwiches they are almost famous for which include cold slaw and french fries topping the sausage or hamburger meat filling. Good service and reasonable prices. Locally famous and bragged about.

• Visited June 2014
Hummelstown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have eaten there before. Had pizza this time. Very good. Need to have a Primanti's in the Hershey area.

Visited February 2014