“Food to get you through the day!”

Primanti Bros. (Heinz Field)
Ranked #163 of 2,205 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich!
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich!
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hearty sandwiches with everything you need to sustain life for the day! Ambiance and Pittsburgh sports figures grace the walls of the 'original' Primanti's in the Strip District.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I only go when we have guests in town because it is to "The Burgh", what Geno's and Pat's are to Philly. It is packed, you pay only by cash, the food is fair but if you never had a sandwich with french fries and cole slaw (along with the meat or fish that you order) in it, YOU HAVE NEVER COMPLETED a trip to "The Burgh". Expect a fancy place is the is NOT the spot for you...but a fun time and decent food will be had by all. Fish sandwich is my favorite!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went in thinking there was no way I would ever like the sandwiches the way they are prepared Pittsburgh style. You have to give this sandwich a try for yourself though. Tasting is believing. Try the one in Shadyside for the best dining experience.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Amazing food! End of story! We split a Spicy chicken sandwich and fries and it was amazing, I kind of wished I had ordered my own!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

wonderful food, wonderful service!! I love Primanti Bros, especially the original shop on the strip.