“Good, but not great.”
Review of Primanti Bros.

Primanti Bros.
Ranked #570 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich!
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich!
Reviewed August 17, 2014

First, we had our Primanti Brothers sandwich while at the Pirates game, so it may have been a bit different from having it at the restaurant. We asked for their most popular sandwich. We felt it was mostly bread and fries and not much of the meat. It was fun to try while in Pittsburgh, but we would try something else next time.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Being from out of state, I'll take a Primanti's sandwich any where and any way I can get it, but the taste & tecture isn't quite the same as in the different downtown locations. Perhaps the cooking surface hasn't been around long enough to soak up all the flavor. If we're only in town long enough to take in a Pens game, I'll still eat here vs no Primanti's at all.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I travel a lot for business and always look up the local favorites. This place was featured on a couple food shows. I can't for the life of me understand why. The food here is terrible. In fact, it was the worst sandwhich I have ever had. Putting aside the bizare practice of adding the fries into every sandwhich, the meat was tastless. In fact, the whole sandwhich was tasteless except for the vinger on the coleslaw. I would never ...ever..return here. If this is the best Pittsburgh has to offer, that is a real shame.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This place frequently appears on the Food and Travel channels as an exciting and different sandwich shop. In reality, you could go to any deli in America, order a corned beef or pastrami sandwich, have them add fries and cole slaw and you'd get the same thing. Fries and slaw actually hide the flavor of the meat and is also to large for most mouths. Save your money and find a deli with a normal sandwich!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place is so dirty and has huge roaches.. disgusting!!! They need to CLEAN and disinfect everything!!!