“Great food.”
Review of Primanti Bros.

Primanti Bros.
Ranked #585 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich!
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich!
Reviewed December 30, 2013

A family restaurant that offers great food and friendly service. However, always expect at least a half hour wait.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

great sandwiches which will clog your arteries - how can you go wrong! ;) informal dining, great food,...

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We ate at the Market Square location today. I'm a Pittsburgh expat who left 35 years ago and never heard of Primantis while living here. I think the food channels have hyped it beyond its value. I had the Pastrami which had very little actual meat. Bread is not to my liking...way too soft and lacking in substance. Wait times were excessive. The rest of my party were unanimous...no taste, mushy bread, not worth the hype. Skip it. There are many, many better places in the 'Burgh'.

1  Thank kcmoal
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Meat, cheese, fries and coleslaw sandwich, which is their specialty, was dry. Expected it to be more moist since it had coleslaw on it, but it simply didn't have enough "juice". Pastrami was dry and fries were undercooked, which made them lumpy. I got takeout and made the mistake of not getting mayo or some other sauce to moisten it up. I was so looking forward to this sandwich since I visit Pittsburgh only on occasion. However, it was a disappointment.

1  Thank Debra F
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited the Oakland location during a visit to Pitt. Was my first time and was really anticipating this great sandwich. Well, my high expectations ended soon after walking in the door. Staff was unfriendly and the pastrami sandwich was awful. The meat consisted of 4-5 slices of lunch meat style pastrami, old French fries and stale bread. Not what I expected.

1  Thank Srellik