“Super Authentic!”

Order Online
Ranked #821 of 2,513 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese, Cafe
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We're always on the look out for a restaurant that serves bubble tea so we headed to I Tea Cafe on a visit to Pittsburgh. The menu was very intriguing and the food was as good as anything we ate when we visited China several years ago. I had the vegetable hot pot - there was a lot of fresh food to keep adding to the broth which was very tasty, as were the eggplant and beef soup we also ordered. All the dishes around us looked and smelled delicious. The bubble tea was great, too!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 12, 2015

I Tea Cafe is located off the popular Walnut Street. It is hidden in a residential neighborhood. The bubble tea is fresh brewed instead of the powered mix so it tasted refreshing and authentic. The place offers hot pots too but we were only there to try the bubble tea. We will probably give the hot pot a try next time.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed November 17, 2014

I came to get a standard bubble tea, and was surprised to find a HUGE selection of drinks. If you aren't familiar with the different types of tea and tapioca balls I would take a look online first. There were quite a few I wanted to try but wasn't sure exactly what it was. I will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed October 17, 2014

I was walking down Walnut St. when I saw a sign for a Taiwanese Cafe! I lived in Taiwan for five years, so I was pleasantly surprised and immediately made my way to the eatery.

I had kumquat lemon juice (金桔檸檬汁) with tapioca balls (珍珠). Then, I ordered the salted pepper chicken over rice (鹹酥雞肉). I must say, it felt like I was truly eating somewhere in Taiwan; it definitely took me back. The rice was cooked well, the vegetables (cabbage and pickle) tasted fresh, and the chicken was delicious. My drink was equally as good and I definitely recommend experimenting with the items available for drink. I'm going to be coming back for shabu-shabu, so I can't wait!

The service was wonderful and quick...no complaints here.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I Tea Cafe is so yummy! This was our first experience ordering a hot pot and we loved it. We were impressed by the large bowl of very fresh/unique veggies and the platter of lean meat in which to build our hot pot. Our waitress mixed up a spicy sauce to add that was so flavorful, delicious, and was the finishing touch on our yummy soup. And the desserts! Wow! We recommend the grass jelly and coconut toast. Our waitress was attentive and bubbly. A fun and delicious experience at I Tea Cafe!!! We can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: October 2013