“Great Seafood, close to home”
Review of Wintzell's Oyster House - CLOSED

Wintzell's Oyster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Seafood, close to home”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Between 5 -7 there are many appetizers available at $5. They include buffalo shrimp, mussels, oysters, fried green tomatoes, deep fried pickles and several more. You could make a meal on a couple of these. Can't wait to go back and try a few more.

• Visited August 2013

South Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very mixed experience. Choose wisely and good luck!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went there on what was reportedly their first night with a wait list. Started out great with $8.99 happy hour priced delicious oysters and I think my wife paid about $1.50 for a Blue Moon draft. Low Country Boil was excellent and a real bargain at $14.99, the fish special was also good but the Stuffed Crab Dinner was terrible. It looked like 3 deviled crabs from Giant Eagle and was not worth anything close to $13.99. The person who ordered them ate only one, took two home but then threw them away.Service started out good but when a table of 19 sat down next to us, the service became horrendous and the noise level became intolerable. I could not get a drink refill until I finally grabbed a manager who got someone other than our waitress to get me one. My wife left before we could get the check and it started raining on our table!!! Manager said condensation, not rain but are you kidding me?

• Visited July 2013
Snellville
“Great food, great price!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went to Wintzell's on July 17th. The had quite a few 5 dollar appetizer's so we had the mussels. It was a nice size bowl for the money. We also had a few dozen of raw oysters that were good (8.95) if I remember correctly. For dinner we had the cheese grits with both the shrimp and blackend fish. They were both good and large portions. Our group also had the fried catfish, shrimp basket, broiled seafood platter (really good). The only meal that was just ok was the crabcake blt (they didn't like the fried green tomato on it). The herb dressing and the jalepeno ranch dressing were very good. The only negative was that on the table it said they raw oysters were 5 dollars per dozen but that was for the grand opening. They should be removed from the table. Give it a try...you will like it.

• Visited July 2013
PITTSBURGH
“Tried for the first time”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We waited a few months to give the place a chance to work out any bugs since start ups can be bad. My wife had the fried shrimp and I had the oyster sampler. Both were very good. Servers still are not trained too well when it comes to wine but ours did try hard to do his job. The food made up for any problems we might have encountered. We sat on the patio and the dj could have played his music a bit softer. All in all it was a good experience and we will go back.

Visited July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Visited Wintzell's for lunch. The greeters and waitstaff were all incredibly friendly and personable. The shrimp bisque was an excellent starter, and the fish tacos were some of the best I've ever had.

Visited June 2013