“Enjoyable Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had four for dinner at this restaurant on a recent Saturday night. We arrived at 6PM with reservations and were seated immediately. It was a small not elaborate place to eat, but we all enjoyed our meals. We had 2 appetizers and they and the meals were quite large. The pasta dishes do not come with salad or soups, but we really did not need them.The meals were very good and so was the bread which was refilled for us. The price did not seem high, for a shared appetizer, 2 meals and 2 beers our total was 63.00 We then went elsewhere for coffee and conversation. All four of us said we would return and would gladly recommend this restaurant to others

1  Thank rbross50
There are newer reviews for Matteo's

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I made a reservation to dine here after hearing great things. We started with mussels which were delicious. There were chunks of bacon and spinach mixed in. It seemed like a weird combination when looking at it, but it tasted great together. I had homemade gnocchi in a pesto cream sauce. They were the best gnocchi I'd ever had! The service was excellent even though the restaurant was completely full. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I prefer a more slow paced, quiet, dimly lit atmosphere. Don't eat here if that's what you're looking for. There was a Pirates game on at the bar and the acoustics of the restaurant are really noisy.

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed August 16, 2013

A group of 13 of us went to Matteo's the other night for dinner and we all were very impressed with our meals. We got nearly one of all of the appetizers, all wonderful. The bruschetta was heavenly!! Nice atmosphere, waitress was very attentive and the owner came out and introduced himself and asked about our meals. Our group decided that we are going to make a quarterly trip in to the burgh to eat at Matteo's.

1  Thank Conwayluvs2travel
Reviewed August 11, 2013

In town from Florida and was told about this restaurant and took my family there for dinner, it was a good meal, my family really enjoyed it as we don't get this type of restaurant in Florida and was simply excited that places like this still exist and are popping up. Family loved the bruschetta and everyone ordered something else.

Really a good time and good dinner. Hope to go back next time in Pittsburgh.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently had dinner with friends at Matteo's. We ordered the goat cheese bruschetta and I have to say it was the most amazing bruschetta that I have ever had. I can't recommend this enough. I ordered veal marsala for dinner and it was also very good - I could tell they used real marsala wine to make the sauce. The side dish was a vegetable and potato and it was OK - nothing to write home about. I would go back again just for the bruschetta.