“Consistently Good Chinese”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Have been going here for years. Consistently strong Chinese (American). Lots of traditional options. Had the Mongolian beef, Gen Tsos, lo mein and a tofu dish. All always very good. Soups and egg rolls very good too. Prices are Fair. Full bar. Staff is pretty friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 5, 2016

Ken Chang, one of the owners, greets as many tables as he can, and works every position to help get the food and drinks to you fast. The portions are huge and the price is perfect. I have enjoyed his meals for 14 years, and I have to say, get the Amazing Chicken with a side of house made black bean sauce, if you don't like it, send me your receipt and I will buy your dinner!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Took family to lunch recently. Food is usually very good. This time around our egg rolls were very greasy and our food was cold when it came to the table. Our server was overly attentive, clearing plates and boxing meals while others were still finishing their food. The last thing I want is to feel rushed at a sit down restaurant...if I wanted that I would go to a fast food place. Sushi was very very good though! I agree with other reviews that this place is not worth the hype....it's been better.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 3, 2016

The Sesame Inn is always good. It's consistent. The prices have gone up but the food is still good so I continue to go. I just don't go as often now. Used to get their food at least once a week and now I go once every other month.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

I've been hearing this place is the best Chinese in the city but it was nothing very special. The crab rangoons were greasy. Fried rice lacked flavor.
Enjoyed the Sunday brunch specials. Good price for the menu options. All white meat chicken made the amazing chicken and general tsos the best I've ever had. That's the best thing I can say about the place.

Date of visit: May 2016