“Eh, so so” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Hard Rock Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pennsylvania
“Eh, so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We bought the prepaid expedia vouchers for this restaurant. Food was average, and very limited as to what we could order with the prepayment. Do not prepay. Just order off of the regular menu.

Visited July 2013
HardRockPittsburgh, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Erica & Jay,
We are very sorry to hear you felt that the Expedia vouchers were not a good value for the amount paid. The food being average is certainly not up to Hard Rock's standards and we would like to get some more details on your visit to ensure that this does not occur in the future. If you could please contact us at 412-481-7625 to discuss, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

“Mass confusion”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Total lack of any organization. We had two 9 yr olds with us so not a lot of alternatives in station square. Seemed like they were really under staffed and the hostesses in particular appeared to be very confused. Food was ok.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HardRockPittsburgh, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately we were experiencing technical difficulties with our reservation system at the host stand during 4th of July weekend. While it was a huge operational challenge on our end, we never like to see a guest's experience affected by our shortcomings. We do hope you will give us another try next time you are Station Square so we can give you the full Hard Rock experience! :)
North Versailles, Pennsylvania
“Best server I ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was at the Hard Rock Cafe to see a musical group, the Abbey Roadsters, and had Alex as a server at the restaurant. He was by far the best server I have ever had anywhere. The food was good, but made better by the server. The ih-house made apple cobbler was awesome and came recommended by Alex. He made sure every one of his tables was happy. I even saw him helping other servers deliver their food to the rather large crowd.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HardRockPittsburgh, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi Theresa,
Thanks so much for the love! Alex is certainly one of our rockstars and we love having him as part of our team. We will certainly share your experience with Alex and the rest of the team, and we hope you will come visit again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Ranks up there with a place I won't go back to.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Food is very average there, but even worse are the bar tenders.

In an attempt to refer to the bartenders by name instead of "hey you" or "thanks to you" I was advised that "we don't like to be called by name". I was taken aback and thought they were joking at first but as the night wore on, their attitude and limited customer service skills were lacking.

I happened to be standing next to a local sports star when he was attempting to make eye contact so the bartender at least knew he was there and was rudely told that I will get to you.

In a service industry I was pretty shocked at their attitude and even more surprised at a name like Hard Rock, looks to me like you should be blessed to be patronizing their establishment.

With the entire entertainment down the street, you would think they are trying to compete for the spend, but thats not the case.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HardRockPittsburgh, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments, your feedback is valuable to us and we will continue to strive to get better. We have addressed your particular comments with our staff. I hope you will give the Hard Rock another chance to do better and Rock Your World!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Just ok this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I live in Pittsburgh so I have been to this Hard Rock many times always with great food and service. Well unfortunately this time was different. We were seated out in the patio out from the main seating area. It was quite awhile before our waitress came to our table. She took our drink and appetizer order and again it was quite a while before she brought our drinks. Our appetizer came and we finished our drinks and no waitress to be found. Later when our food came I had to ask for more ice tea. I had the chicken sandwich and asked for condiments and none came.The chicken was not very good. I asked for onion rings and got fries. The waitress brought me the onion rings a short time later and still charged me for them. Bad service this time when the place was empty.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience was a disappointing one. We hate to hear that our service was sub par and we would have loved to have the opportunity to make it up to you while you were in the cafe. While we take a look at our operational gaps, we would love the opportunity to make it up to you and hope that you will give us the opportunity to do so!