“Favorite city pizza”

Ranked #1,281 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Italian family-owned and operated Giovanni's Pizza is located on 5th Ave in the uptown area of Pittsburgh only 3 blocks from the Consol Energy Center. The Original Giovanni's Pizza on 5th has been operating for over 30 years delivering the finest Pizza, Hoagies and Italian Specialties to the Uptown and Downtown Pittsburgh area using only the finest ingredients prepared Daily. We also have an extensive selection of Beer and specialty drinks to enjoy with your meal and a Six-Pack shop with your favorites to go. Please come and visit The Original Giovanni's Pizza on 5th Ave and try our authentic Italian specialties made by a true Italian Family.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Favorite city pizza”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my husbands and my favorite pizza shop when we go into the city. Great service, fast delivery, good price. They have a signature sweet red sauce that is just delicious!

Visited November 2012

Harrisburg, Pa.
“Good Pizza, but Take Out”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had lunch at Giovanni’s recently while visiting Pittsburgh. All in all, it was a decent visit. The pizza was pretty good. It is a sweeter sauce than I am used to, but the dough was soft and fresh, the cheese plentiful, and the pepperoni was flavorful. The pie was ready in about 10 minutes, served hot and fresh. It was a good pizza, and we would have it again. I wouldn’t call it a New York style, but it was still very tasty. I would recommend getting it to take out. The shop itself is very small with a few tables. The tables were not the cleanest, and the staff was OK at best.

• Visited August 2012
Brighton, Michigan
“OK - better than typical Midwestern pizza”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stopped here for a couple of slices of pizza before a baseball game. In in all, a decent experience (I would rate this more of 3.5 stars, rather than 3).

I come from the midwest, where "good" NY-style pizza is a very rare find. So, I was hoping to find some better selections being a little farther east.

The establishment itself is all east-coast style "pizzeria". A few non-descript tables and chairs, with the ability to order pizza by the slice with a drink. No waitstaff at all; counter help will take your order, and yell for you when it's ready. Certainly not a "restaurant" by any stretch....it is all pizzeria!!

The pizza itself was decent.....much better than anything I can normally find in the midwest, but not quite up to NY/NJ standards. The cheese was very good, and the crust about the right consistency. The slices were "real" slices of 1/8 of a 16" pizza, which is almost impossible to find in the Midwest!! However, the ends of the crust could have been thicker, and the sauce was way to sweet for my liking.

All in all, much better than what I can usually find, but not quite all I was hoping for in pizza....however, I have very high standards in that regards!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Matt S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Really good pizza”
Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

My company got take out from there. It's really good pizza. Sweet sauce, nice soft dough and fresh mushrooms - not that canned or jarred stuff.

1 Thank Bornintheburg
Cresson
“Best Pizza”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I use to live downtown when I attended college and I know my friends and I always wanted Giovannis Pizza whenever we could! After moving away and having other pizza I realized even more how wonderful their pizza really is and everytime I visit Pittsburgh I try and stop and at least get one slice!

• Visited September 2011