“Good birthday dinner”

Red Lobster
Ranked #483 of 2,222 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I went to this restaurant with my family members including my 8 and 5 years old kids for my birthday dinner. During waiting for our table, we could enjoy watching real big lobsters in the aquarium. Foods were good, especially for a seafood basket including lobsters and mussels. Price is not expensive.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

July 27, 2013
I have eaten a various Red Lobsters along the east coast, and some are very good, and some just don't need to be patronized. This particular restaurant was very busy on a Saturday night and even though we waited more than a half an hour, the hostess and even the waiter was very polite and courteous. It took forever to get served and I usually make it a point to order apps first and after they arrive I usually order mains ( the only problem with the apps were the steamed mussels were kinda dry) and for some reason it did take a litter longer for the mains to appear, no problem, our food came and I was shocked, the order of stuffed seafood flounder with steak mashed potatoes and veggies was extremely small. This was a $25 dish and the plate was much bigger than the food. My fist reaction was "could they spare it?". I didn't complain because although small it was very tasty. Without going through everything, we waited for more than a half an hour for every little thing when I got up walked around and noticed that this waiter also had tables on the other side of the restaurant. My husband several times tried to get help from other waiters but to no avail. When I finally asked for a business card, and the hostess could not locate one and then 10 minutes went by and the Manager Mr. Khalil finally appeared. I didn't complain because my family hates when I do, so I didn't. Needless to say this is one reason why I don't patronize some Red Lobsters although the food is good the service is so slow you have to decide if it is worth it to you (Oh, the waiter was still left a 15% tip).

Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was my Mother's 60th birthday and she wanted to go there so all the sons took mom to dinner. We were treated like royalty and the food was great. We had no problems with the service. I wish all places could be that attentive to their customers.

2  Thank DonaldM849
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I enjoyed the new menu choices-I had the Rock Island Stuffed Tilapia and it was very tasty! I ordered to go and the service was great! I will definately go back again when I am in the area.

1  Thank Marcia H
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Let me first say I am a fan of Red Lobster and have eaten there many, many times over the course of my life. There have been off days at the restaurant, and many good days as well. I am finally writing this review because overall I would have to say that for the price, Red Lobster does not know how to treat it's guests.

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back just happened earlier today during lunch. I went there with my wife and three children. My wife ordered the shrimp tacos, I ordered the Clam Bake. It is a special item that they only have seasonally, and it is delicious. The trouble started when the food came. The Clam Bake was supposed to have a bed of pasta underneath the entire dish, which comes served with a ton of melted butter and seafood juices. A very delicious meal. However, this time, mine came without any trace of noodles. No big deal, everyone makes mistakes. I called my waiter over and pointed out the missing pasta to which he says "oh he must of forgot." He chuckled, then said he would be right back. He left the Clam Bake on the table, which was confusing considering the entire dish is supposed to be poured OVER pasta. Ok, I thought, maybe he is going to just mix it in front of me. Whatever...

During the interlude as I waited, my Wife tells me that her salsa for the tacos is frozen. Yes, frozen SOLID. So much for freshly prepared product. So now I am just annoyed, but still chalking it up to simple mistakes. Maybe it is a new cook.

My waiter finally comes back, hands me my pasta, says sorry, and leaves. The pasta is on one plate, the Clam Bake in another bowl. The pasta came out on a flat plate so I cannot even dump the Clam Bake all over it myself. Mind you, this is a $26.00 dish and I am having to freaking plate it myself at the table. So, again I call my waiter over and tell him about the frozen salsa and the Clam Bake predicament, to which he says "it's frozen, man, I'll get the Manager." He takes all of the offending issues and leaves again.

Now, I didn't ask for a Manager. I wasn't even pissed off, though I should have been. I work in a similar field where people can ask for Managers and as the boss I know what Managers have to deal with. So I really didn't need him or her, I just needed my freaking food in front of me the way my $26.00 is paying for. After another interlude, perhaps five minutes, the Manager comes out of the kichen. He is carrying my Clam Bake, hopefully this time over pasta. He sets it down, says "here you go" and walks off.

Like I said, I did not ask for the Manager. But since he was getting involved, should he have NOT been involved? Perhaps apologize for the ridiculously inept performance of his cooks and line cooks? Perhaps thank us for our patronage. I have no idea why my waiter went and got him, as all he did was run the food out to us.

This type of service is, unfortunately, appearing more often than not at Red Lobster and for a meal that can push into the $100.00 territory for a family of 5 I expect better treatment. I think it is time for me to find a new seafood restaurant.

2  Thank JY5150