“BEST Greek food I've ever eaten!”

Christo's Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #231 of 2,220 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have gotten to know the owner, Christos (Who, by the way, was the chef for Jackie O on the 'Christina'). We always ask him what is good today and go with his suggestions. Never been disappointed. He makes us feel like family!!!
Baclava is the BEST!!! Onassis cake is his creation for Jackie O - delicious - must have. Homemade wine - another must have.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

When you walk in its very small an the service is alright they food is pretty good but the best part is you get to go through the kichten down some stairs and through a hallway to get to the bathroom (a little sketchy) but the food was pretty good . I probably wouldn't go there a second time though.

1  Thank Sobams
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went in for lunch on a Friday. It wasn't busy at all. My first impression wasnt great....could use a good scrub down and little updating.
I thought the menu selection was a little small. But the food was very good. The best grape leaves I've ever had. The service was also great. I had my 2 year old with me who was just sharing our food and the man helping our table brought over a plate of cucumbers and tomatoes for her when he saw her eating them off of my salad. So nice!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Quaint, small, downtown restaurant. I ordered classic dishes of lamb kebab and freshly baked baklava. Prices were good, but the food was only fair. The best part of the meal was the desserts. I also noticed they serve something like Turkish coffee that was served with flair to another diner. Conveniently located across the river from PNC stadium nestled among other restaurants.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is not the best Greek restaurant we've been to but we had many starters and we liked all of them, especially the grilled eggplant with garlic paste and the spanakopita. However, the tarama lacked taste. The lamb kebab was also really good.
The hostess was very friendly and passionate, maybe a bit overwhelming :-)
On the downside, the cleanliness seemed to be "uncertain".

1  Thank Travelalot0007